Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

BuffyFan4Life
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Sep 2012, 11:38 pm

Hello. I don't come here too much, but lately I've been feeling insecure. I'm 23-years old and I still play with dolls! I have mentioned that I have a Buffy doll that I take everywhere and do everything with, but I'm also obsessed with Moxie Girlz dolls! My friend bought me a Moxie Girl doll, it was a Horse Riding Avery doll, and I ordered another different Avery on eBay. I want all of them soon! I like to do doll's hair and dress them up. I also like to play with dolls and sometimes have slumber parties with them! I do this with my Buffy doll all the time! I'm always afraid I'm gonna get made fun of! A lot of people stop playing with dolls by the time they reach their teen years, but I never grew out of it, and I'm not mentally 23. It's just so comforting and innocent, and I wanna keep my inner child! Is there anybody else on here in their 20's, teens or even older who still like dolls? I don't wanna feel so alone. Dolls just make me so happy and they ALWAYS did!!

Buffy Summers is my heroine and role model forever!! <3

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 12:21 am

I have an on-again, off-again obsession with dolls. But when it's "on", it's very intense! I can spend hours online ogling different clothes and dolls. My favoirites are the Tonner Dolls because that company has dolls of just about all of my favorite celebrities. I have a Tonner Bellatrix Lestrange doll (which I bought because I am a huge fan of Helena Bonham Carter, rather than a fan of Harry Potter). The Helena doll came nude (they're cheaper without clothes) so I made my own clothes for her. So far she only has a simple dress, but I plan on making more clothes for her, as I plan to get back into sewing. I'm also thinking about perhaps buying some clothes for her off of Etsy.

In addition to my Helena doll, I would also like to buy the Tonner dolls of Johnny Depp, Mia Wasikowska and Anne Hathaway, because they are my other favorite celebrities and sometimes, I think it's lonely for my Helena being the only doll in the house! :)

BuffyFan4Life
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Sep 2012, 12:39 am

IdahoRose wrote:
I have an on-again, off-again obsession with dolls. But when it's "on", it's very intense! I can spend hours online ogling different clothes and dolls. My favoirites are the Tonner Dolls because that company has dolls of just about all of my favorite celebrities. I have a Tonner Bellatrix Lestrange doll (which I bought because I am a huge fan of Helena Bonham Carter, rather than a fan of Harry Potter). The Helena doll came nude (they're cheaper without clothes) so I made my own clothes for her. So far she only has a simple dress, but I plan on making more clothes for her, as I plan to get back into sewing. I'm also thinking about perhaps buying some clothes for her off of Etsy.

In addition to my Helena doll, I would also like to buy the Tonner dolls of Johnny Depp, Mia Wasikowska and Anne Hathaway, because they are my other favorite celebrities and sometimes, I think it's lonely for my Helena being the only doll in the house! :)

As soon as I saw you mention Johnny Depp I knew it was you! LoL!! That is so cool I wanna learn how to sew and make my own doll clothes!! !

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 2:12 am

BuffyFan4Life wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

As soon as I saw you mention Johnny Depp I knew it was you! LoL!! That is so cool I wanna learn how to sew and make my own doll clothes!! !

lol Yeah, I'm absolutely crazy about Johnny Depp! :D Sewing can be frustrating, but also very rewarding. :)

BuffyFan4Life
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Sep 2012, 2:16 am

IdahoRose wrote:
BuffyFan4Life wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

lol Yeah, I'm absolutely crazy about Johnny Depp! :D Sewing can be frustrating, but also very rewarding. :)

Yeah he is cute!! ! My grandma sews but she lives in Florida :cry:

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 5:45 am

I think every person has a right to keep their inner child, if someone says otherwise then they're just not very nice in my opinion :o I don't like dolls myself but i still sleep with stuffed animals like my bear, or my pink cat that i got at birth, no i don't know why it was pink either, i should actually ask my mom if they were expecting a daughter instead of a son, because i'm a guy :o Sorry i'm getting sidetracked, i don't like dolls myself, but i personally think there's nothing wrong with them, i mean i wouldn't just shout it of the rooftops as a figure of speech, for you as a person its nothing to be ashamed of, but i do think that some people can be narrowminded and mean about things like that, just like they could be with me about my pink cat.

So what i'm trying to say is just to let the people know that you trust if you're afraid that people will make fun of you, we wont make fun of you though :o I hope this helped somehow, sorry i'm very clumsy with these things ><

BuffyFan4Life
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Sep 2012, 6:30 pm

Moonhawk wrote:
I think every person has a right to keep their inner child, if someone says otherwise then they're just not very nice in my opinion :o I don't like dolls myself but i still sleep with stuffed animals like my bear, or my pink cat that i got at birth, no i don't know why it was pink either, i should actually ask my mom if they were expecting a daughter instead of a son, because i'm a guy :o Sorry i'm getting sidetracked, i don't like dolls myself, but i personally think there's nothing wrong with them, i mean i wouldn't just shout it of the rooftops as a figure of speech, for you as a person its nothing to be ashamed of, but i do think that some people can be narrowminded and mean about things like that, just like they could be with me about my pink cat.

So what i'm trying to say is just to let the people know that you trust if you're afraid that people will make fun of you, we wont make fun of you though :o I hope this helped somehow, sorry i'm very clumsy with these things ><

That is so nice that you have al those things!! I know being a guy and all you don't like dolls lol! But thank you for pointing out that you and anyone else on here won't make fun of me!

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 6:46 pm

The only doll I own (I'm a male) is a chicky baby. Remember on NCIS when Abby shows the small doll baby with plastic chicken drumsticks for legs? I made one because it was just far too eccentric to pass up. My room (and desk) is full of bizarre items and the chicky baby fits in just perfectly.