Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening (Delete as appropriate)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

JockGitJnr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Sep 2012, 1:01 pm

Well here is my Semi-Necessary "Hello" post. I am JockGitJnr, although most people call me Jock or Jockgit, I am currently 19 years old and I am waiting for a Diagnosis for Aspergers.

I have been browsing Wrong Planet for about 4 months now reading up and learning about Aspergers and I thought I am ready to sign up and join in the conversation. I have been told I have Aspergers by two medically trained acquaintances and again by another acquaintance that has Aspergers himself, but I have yet to see my GP and arrange a full diagnosis. I first got told I may have Aspergers when I was 18 which meant I had to struggle through school knowing I had a problem, but without knowing what that problem is. I have toyed with the idea that I had Schizotypal for a while after taking a mental health test. After further reading into this Personality disorder, I realized it was not what I had and I was back to square one.

I spend a majority of my time on my computer Programming and playing Video Games, although I dedicate a portion of my life on reading books. I am currently reading the works of Asimov, more specifically, The Foundation series.

So far this is the best Autism community I have found. I enjoy that everyone is laid back and does not get too easily offended (Something I manage to do without realizing often). I also enjoy the openness of the Forum and how everyone respects each other. I hope I get on with you all and I fit in and have some interesting conversations.

the_beautiful_mess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Sep 2012, 4:28 pm

Hey. :)

Welcome to WP. It IS the best autism forum, and no, to offend someone you practically have to spell out that's what your doing, but hey, that's not necessarily a good or bad thing.

Life knowing you're different isn't easy, especially without a diagnosis, but I reckon things get better with time. That's my experience anyway. Although you have five years on me.

-------------------------------------------------
This marks the end of my semi-necessary reply to you. 8)

'I sometimes go to my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there.' ~ Joel Hodgson

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 6:58 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 11:52 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage