Do people ever think you're mentally ret*d and/or gay bec

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jitro
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 12:36 pm

Do people ever think you're mentally ret*d and/or gay simply because you're different?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 12:37 pm

Only ret*d. I am sure some think I am stupid too but are too polite to say it. Only online they do.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 12:41 pm

Probably. I don't make a habit of asking people if they think if I'm mentally impaired or homosexual.

Last edited by CrystalStars on 26 Sep 2012, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 12:44 pm

Throughout my life, what I'd say most people think I am is crazy. I was actually told that almost on a daily basis. If I got a nickel for every time I heard "you're crazy" I'd be a millionaire.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 12:50 pm

Not really. I get treated like I have no thoughts or feelings, people seem to think they can say what they want to me without feeling guilty, and they think that I won't get upset, then they get a shock when I start crying out because of hurt feelings and humiliation.

People have never suspected I was gay. Well I do get intense crushes on men and I'm not shy to express it.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 12:50 pm

People assume and think I'm either a Lesbian or a boy because I dress in an androgynous way (in other words, because I don't dress like they do or how they think I should).

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjuB4 ... WnSA552Xjg

LordExiron
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2012, 1:10 pm

Well, I am gay, so if they do, they are correct. I have been accused of stupidity by people who don't know me, even though my IQ is very high, but it's not super frequent, because I speak with eloquence when I do speak.

It's more common for people to think I'm some kind of sociopath or stalker. I was told by an acquaintance in college who went to the same high school as me that people used to say behind my back that I would probably bring a gun to school and massacre everybody. They were totally wrong, of course.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Sep 2012, 2:59 pm

More times than I can keep track of! I have been treated like I am ret*d and because of the way I dress (for comfort) I have had people treat me as if I were gay. Also had countless lesbians hit on me, too; even to the point where they would harass me, which I have finally healed from.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 3:11 pm

I've had people presume both things about me. They're right about me being Gay, because I am. A lot of people think I'm male, which I take as a compliment. I've had people presume that I'm ret*d, because I don't dress or wear my hair the way that most females my age do. They're wrong about that.

Buttoneater
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2012, 3:41 pm

Somebody once thought I was gay from my voice, but I had a super sore throat at the time and sounded a lot like Truman Capote, so I can't really blame them for thinking that.

Kindertotenlieder79
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Sep 2012, 5:19 pm

A lot of people have thought of me as dumb throughout my life. Not too many people think I'm queer, which is quite strange because I actually am hahaha.

Civ001
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Sep 2012, 5:24 pm

I never been asked if I were gay but many people thought that I was considered "Slow" Due to the ammount of Lucid Daydreaming that I do.

IceKitten
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Sep 2012, 5:40 pm

I have got questions like: "Are you a ret*d?" but I don't care since I know I'm smart enough. 8) I just say no, I'm not a ret*d. I'm just happy when jumping up and down... :wink:

3nails
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Sep 2012, 6:19 pm

No one has ever told me I'm ret*d or stupid, however the gay part I've totally been asked about. I mean it was very irritating for a while. My own cousin would joke about it, but I felt like she was serious. I didn't even realize that the first group of people I hung out with in High school were a clique of lesbians and bisexuals. lol
Oh well.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

26 Sep 2012, 6:40 pm

People think I am queer because I tell them I am queer.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 6:43 pm

Yes, both at different times. I don't really mind. If they think I am "mentally ret*d" I only have to launch into a lecture on statistics or physics to set them straight. Some people even switch to "autistic" when I do that. Amusing, really.

As for being a lesbian--meh, only to the degree that I'm female and sexual. Which isn't very much, since I'm more androgynous and asexual. :) Anyway, it doesn't bother me, because I don't care if the guys think I'm attracted to girls; I'm not trying to attract the guys, and I'm not interested in hanging out with any of them who would avoid me for being a lesbian.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com