Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Cardaygo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Sep 2012, 6:08 pm

Everyone experiences AS differently. Let's compare. Write a list of ten things that you want to share about your Asperger's.

1. Don't play the "guessing" game with me. I can only give you an answer about something that's right in front of me.

2. Don't pull any food or anything wrapped in any form of packaging out of the freezer, the sound of them scraping together is torture to me.

3. I can't walk and have a conversation with you. There's too much things passing through my mind, like walking in a straight line, walking fast and being distracted to actually give you the attention you deserve.

4. More than one person speaking in the same room and talking loudly, is nerve-wrecking. I become stressed and can't work.

5. If I say I don't understand something, I'm not looking for attention, I actually don't understand something.

6. The smell of toast being made is the worst smell in the world.

7. When I need to relax or am forced into a situation that is stressful to me, I pinch or rub my knuckles or rub the tops of my ears. It calms me and makes me feel happy and good again. Similarly to that, if I've spoken to someone in a classroom environment or giving a speech, I will rock from side to side.

8. Don't let me get over excited about a topic. My words will become stilted, my sentences will be poor and I may stutter. My brain is working overtime.

9. Once in high school I told my friends that I may one day be a sex addict. It wasn't even a topic anywhere close to what they were talking about, but I had to say it. I'm inappropriate when I speak sometimes and more often than not, I am brutally honest. Also having a twitter account has helped say all the inappropriate stuff online and not aloud.

10. You could give me your car for free and you'd get the same response from me as if you were giving me a candy bar, "Thanks".

Well, this is just a few key points. I'm sure there are many others I can't think of now.

TheWebbz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Sep 2012, 6:57 pm

Cardaygo wrote:
Everyone experiences AS differently. Let's compare. Write a list of ten things that you want to share about your Asperger's.

1. Don't play the "guessing" game with me. I can only give you an answer about something that's right in front of me.

2. Don't pull any food or anything wrapped in any form of packaging out of the freezer, the sound of them scraping together is torture to me.

3. I can't walk and have a conversation with you. There's too much things passing through my mind, like walking in a straight line, walking fast and being distracted to actually give you the attention you deserve.

4. More than one person speaking in the same room and talking loudly, is nerve-wrecking. I become stressed and can't work.

5. If I say I don't understand something, I'm not looking for attention, I actually don't understand something.

6. The smell of toast being made is the worst smell in the world.

7. When I need to relax or am forced into a situation that is stressful to me, I pinch or rub my knuckles or rub the tops of my ears. It calms me and makes me feel happy and good again. Similarly to that, if I've spoken to someone in a classroom environment or giving a speech, I will rock from side to side.

8. Don't let me get over excited about a topic. My words will become stilted, my sentences will be poor and I may stutter. My brain is working overtime.

9. Once in high school I told my friends that I may one day be a sex addict. It wasn't even a topic anywhere close to what they were talking about, but I had to say it. I'm inappropriate when I speak sometimes and more often than not, I am brutally honest. Also having a twitter account has helped say all the inappropriate stuff online and not aloud.

10. You could give me your car for free and you'd get the same response from me as if you were giving me a candy bar, "Thanks".

Well, this is just a few key points. I'm sure there are many others I can't think of now.

1. Screw team sports, I'm going to start crying and kick s**t while mumbling and yelling shut up to all the teammates.

2. Don't raise your voice to me or else see #1

3. No, I'm not coming downstairs.

4. Telephones are demonic.

5. My honesty got my parents in trouble too many times to count.

6. I'm going to the playground to chat up my friend's parents.

7. Swing, swing, swing, swing....GET OFF THE DARN SWINGSET YOU'VE BEEN THERE FOR TWO HOURS.

8. Give my ten minutes to study and I'll get 100% on the final exam.

9. Eye contact is for noobs.

10. Hi, I'm three years old and I can read.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 6:59 pm