What is the scariest game you ever played?

Page 4 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Aug 2017, 5:11 pm

I havnt played any of the expansions yet. The original BioShock was pretty creepy. The acoustics were deceptive you could here loads of splicers but no know where they'd appear from.

Zaarin
Raven
Raven

20 Aug 2017, 3:10 pm

Victor1985 wrote:
I havnt played any of the expansions yet. The original BioShock was pretty creepy. The acoustics were deceptive you could here loads of splicers but no know where they'd appear from.

Yeah, I skipped the first two BioShock games because they were just too much horror for me. BioShock Infinite is grim and disturbing, certainly, but it doesn't really use jump scares and creepy atmosphere (though the deceptively cheerful setting can actually make it creepier--that was my experience in Everybody's Gone to the Rapture).

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Aug 2017, 3:36 pm

I only played it recently. I avoided it for ages as I wanted more rapture, but the new one is superb. That reminds me: I should get the remastered one. I think they tarted up the graphics a bit too.

Zaarin
Raven
Raven

21 Aug 2017, 11:00 am

Well, Burial At Sea returns to Rapture. ;) I probably missed some references not having played the first two, but even so I thoroughly enjoyed Burial At Sea, especially the second act.

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 6:15 pm

Zaarin wrote:
Yeah, I skipped the first two BioShock games because they were just too much horror for me.

You definitely wouldn't like the System Shock games, then @_@

...Midwives... >_<

LaurenLissa
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Aug 2017, 5:20 pm

Until Dawn was scary because I played it with a group, and we kept trying to freak one another out.

The end of the first Assassin's Creed scared me to death! Maybe that's because I finished it all alone in my house at 4:00 AM though.

To be honest, when I played through Gears of War with my brother, I was scared out of my mind. Those berserkers...

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Aug 2017, 4:11 pm

The original manhunt. No other non supernatural game has given me such a sense of hopelessness. Carcer city always felt post apocalyptic to me.

MrSteven
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Apr 2018, 10:03 am

Ecco The Dolphin.

I'm serious. For Sega Genesis. Terrifying.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 6:46 pm

Yeah Ecco's Cthuluesque villains were the stuff of nightmares. You'd swim through alien machines trying to crush you, whilst being pursued by mini Cthulus, only to have to deal with a giant disembodied skull trying to make you its main course between snacking down on jellyfish. Even when the game wasn't actively trying to scare you it was terrifying. Swimming deep at the bottom of the arctic dodging giant spider crabs and running into the Big Blue, who was friendly to your cause, made me jump.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 8:19 pm

Yeah, the end of Ecco was pretty creepy.

I need to burn a new copy of the second game so I can play it...the third game seems pretty cool, too.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 12:01 am

Amnesias and Outlast. Same games basically, just different settings and pacing.

Resident Evil scared me as a kid, especially in RE 3 when Nemesis jumped through a window with a rocket launcher. They're not as bad now, but since RE7 is in VR it's a different story...