Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2012, 8:33 pm

People who say they like Pink Floyd and only know one song. I once wore a Wall t-shirt to school and one of my friends noticed it and said "Holy crap! I didn't know you were into them! I love Comfortably Numb!" I started talking to him about Pink Floyd, but he just didn't really know what I was talking about when I mentioned Syd Barrett or Wish You Were Here. He even asked "Is Dark Side of The Moon their most famous album?" I felt pure rage in my stomach, lol. He then let me check out his iPod and clicked on Pink Floyd. He only had Comfortably Numb from Pulse........

What annoyed me is that he even liked Pink Floyd on Facebook and said he loved their music.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 8:54 pm

Oh my they will never know the wonderful songs like See Emily Play or Granchester Meadows from Umma Gumma-or Bike.

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2012, 8:59 pm

Or Lucifer Sam, Two Suns in the Sunset, or Sheep

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 10:44 pm

Pigs(three different ones),Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict,The Trial is upsetting as is Time.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 10:54 pm

I read once that one of Roger Waters's biggest annoyances was when they'd go to play at a concert, and all anyone wanted to hear was "Money".

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 1:25 pm

Roger Waters has the same birthday as me. :lol:

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 5:13 pm

I hate when people like only one song from bands and claim to be huge fans. There are songs that I really like one song by; doesn't make me a big fan, just makes me a big fan of the individual song. Stuff like Panic Switch by Silversun Pickups.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 5:17 pm

Oh, by the way ... which one's Pink?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 6:35 pm

Part of the issue is Gilmour and company's blatant over-commercialization of the band name and image. Dark Side of The Moon shirts and hoodies are available at every Wal-Mart. So the band name itself has become something of a commodity, and being familiar with the name and a handful of songs makes people feel like they're "part of something" when really they're just buying into capitalist nonsense. It's like what happened to Bob Marley and Jimi Hendrix and John Lennon except most of the people involved are still alive. I don't think Roger Waters is seeing a dime from any of it but I might be wrong.

I don't know. I just listen to the albums. Nobody really knows how amazing The Final Cut is but it's their loss really.

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2012, 6:45 pm

Dude, The Final Cut is an awesome album! The Gunner's Dream has to be one of the best songs I have ever heard in my entire life!

Speaking of which, I sent the same friend The Hero's Return Part 1 and 2 on Facebook, he said it was incredibly boring. I don't understand, it may not be perfect, but it's still a great song.

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2012, 4:03 pm

Also, another one of my friends says she likes Pink Floyd, and that she bought the Discovery Box Set. I thought to myself, "YES! A TRUE FLOYD FAN!! !" She told she has only listens to three of their albums.....Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, and Wish You Were Here (which she had no idea was a Syd Barrett tribute). The others she only listened to a little bit, but not that much. Also, she thought one of the band members name was "Alan" because of the song "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" and that "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" was on "The album with the flying pig", as she said it. I can't believe it, why would someone buy an complete collection and only listen to the more well-known stuff? It drives me out of my mind!

It's stuff like this that makes me embarrassed to wear my "Dark Side Of the Moon" t-shirt. Luckily, I have a Wall and Animals t-shirt, so I can at least wear those.

Last edited by BlueElephantKing on 16 Oct 2012, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 5:20 pm

BlueElephantKing wrote:
Also, another one of my friends says she likes Pink Floyd, and that she bought the Discovery Box Set. I thought to myself, "YES! A TRUE FLOYD FAN!! !" She told she has only listens to three of their albums.....Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, and Wish You Were Here (which she had no idea was a Syd Barrett tribute). The others she only listened to a little bit, but not that much. Also, she thought one of the band members name was "Alan" because of the song "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" and that "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" was on "The album with the flying pig", as she said it. I can't believe, why would someone buy an complete collection and only listen to the more well-known stuff? It drives me out of my mind!

It's stuff like this that makes me embarrassed to wear my "Dark Side Of the Moon" t-shirt. Luckily, I have a Wall and Animals t-shirt, so I can at least wear those.

I have a T Shirt made by a company called Enjoi its called "The Dark Side of Enjoi ' and it looks like the DSOM album cover but the prism is now the companies panda logo-I like Pandas-DSOM and rainbows-its a cool shirt here is a link to show what it looks like Dark Side of Enjoi

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 12:06 am

I have Animals and Dark Side of The Moon, and I listen to them rarely. I probably couldn't tell you much about either album. Am I one of the annoying people, then? :wink: