A Happy Relationship With My BF

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kalinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Oct 2012, 2:04 pm

Hi guys, you may remember my posts from a couple months ago where I wanted to find love, and how I was struggling. Well, I met a bunch of cool friends this past few months including my boyfriend, Justin. I helped him understand why he's feeling the way he does because he didn't know what to call his habits etc.

I have schizo-affective disorder though can't rule out Aspergers because I have gotten Aspergers on every test for it. My bf may have Aspergers because he acts and talks and thinks a lot similarly (more than me actually) to someone with it. He feels really happy as we're watching a documentary on it, and he keeps saying how it's just like how he feels. I am so happy for him.

I just wanted to post about how we're having a very successful and happy relationship, and for those of you with Aspergers and other types of Autism, don't give up you will find the right person to be with. We have had so much success and fun together, and we're helping each other through our quirks. <3

"Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Blammo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2012, 2:26 pm

Aww good for you :cheers:

Your Aspie score: 121 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 107 of 200 You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 3:37 pm

I wish you happiness!! :o

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 5:57 pm

Kalinda wrote:
Hi guys, you may remember my posts from a couple months ago where I wanted to find love, and how I was struggling. Well, I met a bunch of cool friends this past few months including my boyfriend, Justin. I helped him understand why he's feeling the way he does because he didn't know what to call his habits etc.

I have schizo-affective disorder though can't rule out Aspergers because I have gotten Aspergers on every test for it. My bf may have Aspergers because he acts and talks and thinks a lot similarly (more than me actually) to someone with it. He feels really happy as we're watching a documentary on it, and he keeps saying how it's just like how he feels. I am so happy for him.

I just wanted to post about how we're having a very successful and happy relationship, and for those of you with Aspergers and other types of Autism, don't give up you will find the right person to be with. We have had so much success and fun together, and we're helping each other through our quirks. <3

So what does schizo-affective disorder consist of? The only exposure I've had to the term is Sarah Connor in Terminator 2, and I'm guessing that she isn't the norm, like Tourette's Guy.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 5:59 pm

Hooray for good news :)

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 6:01 pm

Congrats! Me too!