what's your WORST dating/relationship experience?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 2:45 am

I decided to start this, because of my ex girlfriend, who I dated for one month.

that doesn't sound that bad now......right? wrong.

two weeks ago, she emailed me, basically saying that I needed to stay away, that I was becoming an obsessive/stalker person, also she called me a player. oh and too boot, this was in the email and she reiterated it in person, she said that the only reason she dated me was because her roomate pressured her into dating me, she never had any feelings for me. that hurt. But calling me a player? So I have a lot more female friends then male, and the fact that I'm friendly really made her hate me.

BTW, she is an aspie as well

so I talked to her tonight at dinner, and she basically said the same thing. She thinks I'm a stalker/obsessive type. which after realizing that she was right, I did obsessive and stalk her apparently a bit too much after we had broken up......so basically right now I'm fine. however my emotions are bit off key. thankfully I have wonderful friends out there who care enough to know how I am. I talked with one of her friends after dinner, who I know, who said that I do come off as a bit obsessive/stalkerish. but she wasn't defending her either, because she totally understands since she went through something like that as well a few weeks ago.

anyhow. yeah. your stories.

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 3:01 am

Worst relationship story... ok, here goes:

I was seeing a guy who was 9 years older than me. He was a raging alcoholic and very upredictable, but what drew me to him was that he was very intelligent and very talented (a local musician).

Once, when he was drunk, he threw a beer bottle at me. He was very manipulative and toyed with my emotions... the whole time, I was aware of it, but I kept thinking, "Maybe he'll wise up...". Needless to say, he never did, and I brokle up with him after 11 months (! !!) of his nonsense.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 3:06 am

Is "Drunkton" a rather apt name for where you're from then? ;)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 5:20 am

My worst experience was with my first girlfriend, whom I was with from 1997 until 1999. I was seeing a movie with my family, and I went to the restroom near the end of the movie, and I saw my first girlfriend with another guy at the snack bar.

This incident is why I try to avoid dating NTs.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 6:57 am

All of them.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 10:26 am

I dated someone with borderline personality disorder off and on for a year, I think that says alot right there. She was the crazymaking type meanwhile she was the crazy one.

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 12:11 pm

Tequila wrote:
Is "Drunkton" a rather apt name for where you're from then? ;)

Yes, yes it is. Very much so. :(

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 1:27 pm

Once I date a Jamaican cleaner from my workplace, thought the date she hardly said a word. We watched a movie in the cinema Forest Gump, she chose it. The highlight of it was when she decided to toss me off at the end of the movie but despite that she did not want to hold my hand as we walked.

GenericBrandUserName
Toucan
Toucan

13 Dec 2006, 1:47 pm

A 22-year old woman dumped me for a 15-year old girl. How's that for bad?

Seraphas
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2006, 2:07 pm

I had a major crush on a girl i knew who had a boyfriend once, i was just trying too be her friend because I thought she was in a relationship and just friends was the right thing to do. What i didn't realise was she "wasn't like that", she used too come over too my house, even helped me do a big clean up once and bought me some stuff (soap dispenser etc) for the bathroom but what i didn't realise was she kept expecting me too crack on too her.

After almost a year of this I learnt (retrospectively) that she thought i was just playing her and she decided too get revenge... she did the whole NT game and it basically culminated in me finding out that while i was being all nice and not making moves on her she had been sleeping with 5 of my "mates". 2 of them at my birthday party... my trust levels of humanity have been just a tad lower as a result of all that. :/

Alicorn
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Dec 2006, 10:28 pm

GenericBrandUserName wrote:

That's pretty hot.

Do you have pictures?

GenericBrandUserName
Toucan
Toucan

18 Dec 2006, 3:37 pm

Alicorn wrote:
GenericBrandUserName wrote:

That's pretty hot.

Do you have pictures?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...

...no.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2006, 4:13 pm

Lets see.... Finding out that the relationship I was in was over by hearing that my ex left a party I didn't make it to with some random guy, then being blamed for the relationship's failure after calling her out on it? Apparently it was my fault for not doing "enough" to keep the whole communication thing going. Not that she made any effort at all in that respect, but it was still supposedly my fault. She had decided that the relationship was over a week to two weeks before that event, and figured I was in agreement. Would have been nice to have some dialogue on that, I wouldn't have minded if she had at the least told me things were over rather than having to find out from a friend of mine what happened the next day.

Possibly the least sober I've ever been in the four days that followed that, until I finally snapped out of it and decided (or realized) that she wasn't worth being upset over.

spirited
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Dec 2006, 10:46 am

pretty much all of them. I am a little slow on observing, so it is very hard for me to pick out when someone was just using me. I am honest, so I assumed everyone was, I repeatedly was used, abused. These cost me tens of thousands of dollars. When the money stopped going their way, they split. Now I am obsessed with sexual intercourse, and I am having a hard time findinging an opposite sex mate who can keep up with my sex drive.

SweXtal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Dec 2006, 11:05 am

Walking out from toilet and find a member of the opposite sex who was one of my best friends naked outside inviting her to her bed. I just can't do that sort of stuff.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2006, 11:15 am

SweXtal wrote:
Walking out from toilet and find a member of the opposite sex who was one of my best friends naked outside inviting her to her bed. I just can't do that sort of stuff.

Why? Was she a dog? ;)