Humans spread disease...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 3:51 pm

100000fireflies wrote:
Flies spread disease is the reason?
Humans spread disease...

humans are chauvinistic about their diseases, they don't want no stinkin' fly diseases for competition.

100000fireflies
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 5:24 pm

auntblabby wrote:
100000fireflies wrote:
Flies spread disease is the reason?
Humans spread disease...

humans are chauvinistic about their diseases, they don't want no stinkin' fly diseases for competition.

Hahhhah. Well said!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 5:31 pm

:mrgreen: Image

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 7:08 am

Hah someone was just good-naturedly making fun of me for this. I was buying surface spray, because the roaches in the kitchen at night are getting ridiculous. They're everywhere. In the cupboards, all over the floor, in the sink, crowding the benches, everywhere. I'm obsessively clean and never leave food out, it's just the season and the city. But I didn't want to kill them, I just wanted them not to come into the kitchen. I figured I'd spray during the day when they weren't in there, then by nightfall, they wouldn't want to come in.
Someone was poking fun, saying I'd be in there giving any roach casualties CPR. :wink:
But I took that positively, to mean I'm a nice person who doesn't want to cause suffering to other lifeforms who are just trying to survive same as me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 3:01 pm

C2V wrote:
Hah someone was just good-naturedly making fun of me for this. I was buying surface spray, because the roaches in the kitchen at night are getting ridiculous. They're everywhere. In the cupboards, all over the floor, in the sink, crowding the benches, everywhere. I'm obsessively clean and never leave food out, it's just the season and the city. But I didn't want to kill them, I just wanted them not to come into the kitchen. I figured I'd spray during the day when they weren't in there, then by nightfall, they wouldn't want to come in.
Someone was poking fun, saying I'd be in there giving any roach casualties CPR. :wink:
But I took that positively, to mean I'm a nice person who doesn't want to cause suffering to other lifeforms who are just trying to survive same as me.

indubitably :wtg: that reminds me of my army experience when we privates were assigned to repainting the latrines, they gave us a few buckets of high-gloss red paint and brushes and told us to have at it, and there were cockroaches crawling all over the walls and floors, we just painted over 'em all, permanently entombing them in glossy red paint :mrgreen:

Rockymntchris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2016, 3:57 pm

C2V wrote:

"Motel" traps don't kill, only attract and confine. I used lots of these back in my apartment dwelling days.

allthings
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jan 2016, 5:06 am

If I know how to kill it, I would hurt a fly because it annoys me especially when I am eating.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Jan 2016, 5:21 am

I can't stand flies, I'm a germaphobe and I can't have them flying around my house. Just the noise of them buzzing around I can't take, I give them a chance with the window but if that doesn't work then out comes the swatter. Cockroaches are absolutely disgusting, there are different kinds tho and the American one as well as the Oriental one are more outside ones that are pretty easy to get rid of and avoid while the damned German one is the real evil that inhabits your house and eats your food and is so hard to drive out since they unlike those other roaches carry their eggs with them and eat anything pretty much.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 4:12 pm

my brother told me that in Vietnam when he was there, they had Asian cockroaches that flew and would also bite.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 4:53 pm

I wouldn't hurt any insects of any sort.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 4:54 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I wouldn't hurt any insects of any sort.

what if it bit or stung you?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 4:57 pm

i tend to catch insects and release them outside. especially spiders, as they eat insects that destroy crops.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 5:10 pm

smushing bugs is messy. more practical just to catch and place outside.