Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

24 Oct 2012, 7:33 am

This is kind of a help thread as well; and us Aspie's well, we have our strong suits, and our weak suits, which we will discuss here.
---
Used to be math for me. I have kind of liked now, but the title for my worst subject ATM is any science class; it is hard to understand, I cannot focus because of its complexity.......... it's like it's in some language I cannot decipher.

Help would be appreciated; geology is what I am into ATM.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

antifeministfrills
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Oct 2012, 8:49 am

Games. :x

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 9:05 am

Outdoor PE like hockey, netball and rounders - I was no good at team games
Maths - was put in the special ed group for maths but even that was too hard for me
English - was good at spelling but the rest was so boring that I couldn't pay attention
Science - I liked learning about interesting things, but all we did in High School was equations, which was practically maths
History - all we learned about was kings and queens
Spanish - used to be my favourite subject but even that was hard because I kept on forgetting the different words in the language
Geography - too hard for me
Carpentry - I got the grade through my creative mind, but when it came to actually constructing things, I struggled. Maybe it's because I was a girl
Art - apparently the art we chose to do had to relate to an artist. I wasn't told that, and I went and done my art exam on something I made from my own creative mind, and my work was brilliant....but the school couldn't give me the grade because it didn't relate to any artists. That was just great :roll:
Religeous education - it was just a bunch of copying stuff from a textbook
Cookery - I was too slow
Drama - I was too shy and unconfident to even want to participate, although I had to because it was a lesson
Music - I was a good keyboard-player, but otherwise I found the subject very hard to pick up

I suppose I was crap in everything except for computer lessons (I was just average), and also doing a lesson in my last two years of school where we just learned about adult life, like jobs, money-handling, and all of that, which was what I done the best in, but we didn't get an exam for that so I couldn't earn a permanent grade from it.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 1:32 pm

math because im slow at doing it. on top of being slow at working out problems I missed pretty much everything up to high school because I got stuck into a special education class were the teacher never taught anything.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 1:34 pm

English, because writing and theory of mind both important in it.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 2:15 pm

I used to be terrible at basic math. I could do algebraic functions just fine, but multiplications tables and the like would give me fits. However, as an adult I have had to learn to do it quickly and properly because I deliver pizza for a living. Doing so let me see numbers in terms of the concrete rather than the abstract, so now I just see them as puzzle pieces that need to fit together to make up whole coins and bills. After that, numbers became easy.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 3:51 pm

Maths, PE, chemistry, physics.
Followed by work shop (textile and wood), drawing (especially technical drawing) and arts, anything that demanded being skilled with your hands

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 4:12 pm

PE
-Everybody kept making fun of me and my PE teachers were total jerks. To this day, I'm still a bit glad my HS didn't have a PE teacher or else who knows what.

Math
-In junior high, my math teacher was a jerk, had a chip on his shoulder towards special ed. students like me and HS math was mostly "my bad", since my communication skills sucked back then as they do now; asking for help was difficult for me.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 4:20 pm

worst subject for me? everything

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 4:57 pm

Complex mathematics. I can do basic math and single variable equations just fine. Once it starts to get more intricate and abstract I lose it. The problem is that I can't understand why things work the way they do in high level math. If I don't understand what's happening, my mind won't stick, and I can't do it. So, most any math after about grade 10 was too much for me.

Chemistry, for similar reasons. Sub atomic particles especially. Too much abstraction I cannot parse.

alecazam3567
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Oct 2012, 5:12 pm

anything involving high creativity or physical activity or cooperation.
So, my worst subjects:
PE/Gym: I hate team sports, and I'm not good at activities requiring physical strength or ability.
Art: I'm not creative with things I don't like to/can't do. I could never just think of anything to draw like other people, and I wasn't good at drawing at all (mind you, this was middle school basic art)
History: I never really could just remember things that had happened in the past and apply them to a test. I also never understood why we had to learn history if it was so long ago. Obviously, it is to understand events in human history and apply them to today, but I still have a low regard.
English: This always required that we work in groups or partners and I absolutely hate that. Plus, it required creativity to write.

Beetzart
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Oct 2012, 5:18 pm

Quote:
Help would be appreciated; geology is what I am into ATM.

I've studied geology. What are you stuck on?

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 6:11 pm

English and Art at GCSE, but now at A Level it is Religious Education.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjuB4 ... WnSA552Xjg

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 6:31 pm

Maths I just couldn't cope with it at all, and the teachers didn't understand,

Team sports I didn't do so well in them I couldn't hit the ball and if it came towards me I would move out the way I thought it would hit me then I got laughed at.

semikaatskillian
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Oct 2012, 7:59 pm

Foreign languages

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2012, 6:33 am

PE- Because I suck at sports and group sports;
Italian- My grammar is very good, but, since I don't use metaphors and figurative speech and I suck at syllabification, it's an hard subject for me.
Geometry and Arithmetic- I really suck at those two; in fact, about Mathematic subjects, I'm good only at Algebra.
Geography and History- I suck at these two.