wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 12:25 pm

spongy wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
got a message from a girl on pof it was nice and long and she said ''if you arent interested that's fine gl anyway'' I felt too bad about saying im not interested so i deleted her message instead of replying lol.

So you complain about how all girls hate you and don't wanna go out with you, then reject the ones who do wanna go out with you? OK then...
didnt say all girls.

You do however complain about girls being picky when you are also being picky.

Does anyone recall the definition of a doubl standard?
i agree but the diff is the girls im being picky against will eventually get a bf or have already. I wil not get a gf n all likelihood.

I really dont see how a first meetup from a dating site with a girl who prob is seeing 10 other guys that day is so bad. hyperlaxian how much of a s**t could i give about someone i just met?

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 12:28 pm

if you are not actually interested in her and really attracted from her profile, then she is not the girl for you. maybe exchange more messages before meeting in order to build up some chemistry. some people don't like to do that, but if you're not really caring for the females you are dating, then a different approach is in order. maybe online dating just isn't going to work for you if you can't muster up more enthusiasm.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 12:48 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
if you are not actually interested in her and really attracted from her profile, then she is not the girl for you. maybe exchange more messages before meeting in order to build up some chemistry. some people don't like to do that, but if you're not really caring for the females you are dating, then a different approach is in order. maybe online dating just isn't going to work for you if you can't muster up more enthusiasm.
that is why i didnt reply to those girls and was picky. I dont agree that i have to be super caring about them before meeting though..i thin it's best to get to know them in person. from my experience talking too long online just allows the girls to flake.. I dont think online dating is for e but neither is real life lol.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 2:43 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
that is why i didnt reply to those girls and was picky. I dont agree that i have to be super caring about them before meeting though..i thin it's best to get to know them in person. from my experience talking too long online just allows the girls to flake.. I dont think online dating is for e but neither is real life lol.

In my experience, talking to them online gives them a chance to learn who you are and how you talk and whatnot, which helps because it gives them a chance to be attracted to WHO you are, and not just your looks(or not at all). I met all of my exes online, and my fiance, I didn't meet her online, but another girl I met online introduced us to each other. But every girl I've ever dated, I talked to online for a while before we met. In fact, I talked to her on AIM for about a week before I met her too.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 10:01 pm

Well obviously don't let yourself get played, but if you're not going to care about the girl you're on the date with, then she's going to do the same.

jourdan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2012, 4:01 pm

First of all you are not ugly. whatever issues you are having with dating your appearance has nothing to do with it.
Your profile seems open and honest with some humor so idk why more women are not more interested in it. as for the conversation in your first post I think the girl may have thought you were lying about ur camera issues to avoid sending her photos. she might have been turned off by that little bit of secrecy.
I too agree that you should message a girl for a time before meeting her. I don't think it would be necessary to try and build an emotional connection over the internet, just talk enough to learn some mutual interest and possible topics of conversation so when you do meet in person its not all small talk and awkward silence bc u are complete strangers.
Maybe you also need to pursue the girl a little stronger than u are used to doing. I think most girls expect guys to initiate the calls, dates, etc. Some girls may mistake your politeness as disinterest.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 10:43 pm

LoriB wrote:
First of all... Even in your posts here you are very negative about yourself. If you don't like you why would anyone else? You need to figure out the qualities you like in yourself and focus on those. My suspicion is you say something like "I guess you wouldn't want to go out with me again" there are those who take the approach of picking apart the qualities they think are negative and pointing them out in hopes the other person says... Oh no... That isn't true. Looks often play a little role in dating. It may get you some initial attention but an ok looking guy can be well sought after by woman and a super hot guy never get a date because who someone is goes beyond physical appearence

Hopefully you read this response and take out the negativity in your profile. That is what I found unappealing not your photos. Your trying to sell yourself to a compatible source. Unless you want someone who dumps all over themselves well, carry on then.