this is why i only get first dates

Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 9:45 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:
That's pretty mature lol. Keep on getting on here calling women "b*****s" and calling out the few who like you. :roll:
i didnt say b***h once in my post. I wasnt making fun of you when i said i think im photogenic. You said you are.

I apologize for my remark, then. I had a bad day and thought you were making fun of me.

Yep, photogenic but still not the best looking. I don't know how that works lol.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 12:04 am

DerStadtschutz wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
Plodder wrote:
Oh I see.
thanks for the replies im lazy now so i will reply later ons. but just wanted to say that i once WAS told by an online friend that i looked like keanu..although when i mentioned that to someone irl she laughed at me(although she wasn't really nice).As for the personal training thing, I guess technically if i wanted to practice i could, but i just got some sh***y online cert that cheated on and never paid the money for them to mail it to me. I was just looking for something cheap to let me train people in my house...although never went and got fliers to find people so my occupation is student...although im slacking on that as well as i have to apply for grad school.Im not gonna act like i dont lie at all bc I do. unfortunately I have to lie to girls about my sexual history if I ever want that to change. Also girls won't date a guy if he as no job so i fudge that as well but im otherwise honest.

wolfheart I don't kiss the girls on the first date. I usually take the for a cup of coffee bc Ill be honest,i do not feel like paying for an expensive or even cheap meal when the girl will prob not like me anyway lol. Ironically my dates have lasted 2hours just sitting and talking. I do recall on my last ever date i was picking apart the paper straws come in...LOL.

To whoever asked how big the sample size is.....I rarely get girls in real life or online to actually meet me for a date. I've been on 3 first dates from pof that's it.

I have a bit of advice... If all you do is go to a coffee shop, they probably think you're boring, cheap, or both, and possibly other things depending on how the conversation goes. Take them to see a movie and possibly dinner. it doesn't have to be anything fancy necessarily, just ask where they'd like to eat. Try showing up with flowers; They tend to like that.

Also, a lot of your responses to the questions on OKcupid seem rather generic and mysterious... I think you should be more specific. If I were looking for a girl, and all the answers were just kinda playful, mysterious, generic BS, I'd most likely just move on. The more specific you are, the more likely you are to find what you're looking for.
i take them to coffee bc i AM boring and cheap...lol. I also thin flowers for a first date would be creepy. I consider a first date from pof to e more of a et than a date imo. For a second date I wouldnt mind paying a little more but not a first date...i only pay in the first place bc the girl thinks bad if you dont. i believe dates should be split bro.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Last edited by wtfid2 on 27 Oct 2012, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 12:12 am

DialAForAwesome wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:
That's pretty mature lol. Keep on getting on here calling women "b*****s" and calling out the few who like you. :roll:
i didnt say b***h once in my post. I wasnt making fun of you when i said i think im photogenic. You said you are.

I apologize for my remark, then. I had a bad day and thought you were making fun of me.

Yep, photogenic but still not the best looking. I don't know how that works lol.
it's cool thanks

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 12:44 am

wtfid2 wrote:
DerStadtschutz wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
Plodder wrote:
Oh I see.
thanks for the replies im lazy now so i will reply later ons. but just wanted to say that i once WAS told by an online friend that i looked like keanu..although when i mentioned that to someone irl she laughed at me(although she wasn't really nice).As for the personal training thing, I guess technically if i wanted to practice i could, but i just got some sh***y online cert that cheated on and never paid the money for them to mail it to me. I was just looking for something cheap to let me train people in my house...although never went and got fliers to find people so my occupation is student...although im slacking on that as well as i have to apply for grad school.Im not gonna act like i dont lie at all bc I do. unfortunately I have to lie to girls about my sexual history if I ever want that to change. Also girls won't date a guy if he as no job so i fudge that as well but im otherwise honest.

wolfheart I don't kiss the girls on the first date. I usually take the for a cup of coffee bc Ill be honest,i do not feel like paying for an expensive or even cheap meal when the girl will prob not like me anyway lol. Ironically my dates have lasted 2hours just sitting and talking. I do recall on my last ever date i was picking apart the paper straws come in...LOL.

To whoever asked how big the sample size is.....I rarely get girls in real life or online to actually meet me for a date. I've been on 3 first dates from pof that's it.

I have a bit of advice... If all you do is go to a coffee shop, they probably think you're boring, cheap, or both, and possibly other things depending on how the conversation goes. Take them to see a movie and possibly dinner. it doesn't have to be anything fancy necessarily, just ask where they'd like to eat. Try showing up with flowers; They tend to like that.

Also, a lot of your responses to the questions on OKcupid seem rather generic and mysterious... I think you should be more specific. If I were looking for a girl, and all the answers were just kinda playful, mysterious, generic BS, I'd most likely just move on. The more specific you are, the more likely you are to find what you're looking for.
i take them to coffee bc i AM boring and cheap...lol. I also thin flowers for a first date would be creepy. I consider a first date from pof to e more of a et than a date imo. For a second date I wouldnt mind paying a little more but not a first date...i only pay in the first place bc the girl thinks bad if you dont. i believe dates should be split bro.

Well maybe that's your problem; you're boring and cheap. You need to either find a girl who likes boring and cheap or you need to come up with something fun to do that's also cheap.

I agree dates should be split and relationships should be equal and all that, but it doesn't hurt to show her you can give her something nice once in a while. I don't agree with it, but apparently first impressions mean a lot to people.

Evy7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Oct 2012, 1:09 am

Though I don't care about money and such, I know all my girlfriends do expect to see you give up a lot for the first date. If they think you are holding in some, they don't like it...It's sad but most girls are like this. I'm happy with coffee shoips and movies though :) I do think guys should pay though, but I'm not a feminist or anything, just traditional. If a girl wants a guy to pay AND be dominant, then that's weird in my opinion.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 3:17 am

Evy7 wrote:
Though I don't care about money and such, I know all my girlfriends do expect to see you give up a lot for the first date. If they think you are holding in some, they don't like it...It's sad but most girls are like this. I'm happy with coffee shops and movies though :) I do think guys should pay though, but I'm not a feminist or anything, just traditional. If a girl wants a guy to pay AND be dominant, then that's weird in my opinion.
if i asked a girl out in person and she accepted i wouldnt mind going for dinner te first time as I know she has already seen me and accepted. I dont want to take a first date from the internet anywhere pricey though. I dont even like paying for their coffee. I don't see how i her potential bf is supposed to father her also.

I once saw a thread on a dating forum entitled ''he didnt pay for my coffee''. It was about a woman who mvt a guy for a date loved everything about him, an then couldn't decide whether to see hi again bc he didnt pay for her coffee. Makes me sick lol.

i like stads(or w/e his name is) idea of finding something fun and cheap to do.....although my dirty mind is thinking of sex in my car

Last edited by wtfid2 on 27 Oct 2012, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 3:46 am

Evy7 wrote:
Though I don't care about money and such, I know all my girlfriends do expect to see you give up a lot for the first date. If they think you are holding in some, they don't like it...It's sad but most girls are like this. I'm happy with coffee shoips and movies though :) I do think guys should pay though, but I'm not a feminist or anything, just traditional. If a girl wants a guy to pay AND be dominant, then that's weird in my opinion.

Of course you gals like us to pay for the first date - especially when there's no second date. All those free meals must be nice...

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 4:02 am

BlueMax wrote:
Evy7 wrote:

Of course you gals like us to pay for the first date - especially when there's no second date. All those free meals must be nice...
LOL

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 4:57 am

BlueMax wrote:
Evy7 wrote:

I always pay for myself on the first date.
It's only fair.
Especially if you don't even know if you would be interested in seeing each other again.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 5:03 am

Kjas wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
Evy7 wrote:

It's only fair.
Especially if you don't even know if you would be interested in seeing each other again.

the problem is theres a lot like
http://www.learnvest.com/2011/11/woman- ... -food-332/

as has been said, the ones working for the good usually dont stick out as bad as the ones doing bad

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 5:09 am

8O

Wow.

People actually DO that?
Wouldn't it just been easier to find a cheaper apartment?

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 5:10 am

Kjas wrote:
8O

Wow.

People actually DO that?

why would you be a responsible person when you can just take advantage of others?

BrokenEnvoke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2012, 5:33 am

MXH wrote:
Kjas wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
Evy7 wrote:

It's only fair.

the problem is theres a lot like
http://www.learnvest.com/2011/11/woman- ... -food-332/

as has been said, the ones working for the good usually dont stick out as bad as the ones doing bad

Oh god the comments..

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 6:06 am

Kjas wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
Evy7 wrote:

It's only fair.
it's also fair to pay on second third and subsequent dates.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 6:10 am

Depends. It can be a pain to spilt it exactly every single time, it works better if there's a good level of reciprocity.

E.g. For the last few dates I have been on it is as follows:
First: We paid for ourselves seperately.
Second: He cooked me dinner.
Third: I cooked him dinner.
Fourth: We paid seperately.
Fifth: He paid for both of us.
Sixth: I paid for both of us.

Paying seperately is always a good idea on the first one.
After that it's up to both of you how you deal with it.
As long as there is an overall equal level of reciprocity, it's fine.

Last edited by Kjas on 27 Oct 2012, 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 6:13 am

Kjas wrote:
8O

Wow.

People actually DO that?
the user ''wanttohavealife'' will have a field day with this.
just shows ow easy itis for girls to keep multiple guys interested.