Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

crazygirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Oct 2012, 4:06 pm

Hi,

I've recently started a new blog, giving my perspective on life as an adult with aspergers. It is aimed at other aspies, with lots of information and advice for them and partners and parents of people with aspergers.

Feel free to drop in and take a look.

aspie-girl.blogspot.co.uk/

Amanda

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 4:44 pm

If I gave someone a "big unit" and I found out that they chopped it up and threw it away, I'd probably be rather upset.

I might even be more upset if I knew what a "big unit" is.

JRR
Toucan
Toucan

26 Oct 2012, 5:23 pm

Hahaha!

Sorry, I think it's half her, not just you being Aspie.

If you give someone an item because you're not using it any more and it's not a big ticket item, then you shouldn't have an issue with what they do. That's sort of dipping your hands into their business and actually disrespectful, in my eyes.

Now, maybe she did intend on making it easier for you to take, but she also didn't have the right to be offended once it was out of her hands, especially since you tried to give it to charity.

I say "burn baby burn!" ;)

crazygirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Oct 2012, 5:53 pm

eric - th big unit was a large piece of furniture for the living room (I may edit it if that's not clear, thanks)

JRR - my son said it proves people should just say what they mean!

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 5:59 pm

crazygirl wrote:
eric - th big unit was a large piece of furniture for the living room (I may edit it if that's not clear, thanks)

JRR - my son said it proves people should just say what they mean!

I thought it might have been something known by a different name in the United States. (As they say, two countries separated by a common language).

Thanks for the clarification.

crazygirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Oct 2012, 6:13 pm

Yes, I sometimes worry I'm saying something dreadful or naughty when I use a local word. I guess I'd find out eventually.