L ,near, mellow and matt (death note)
Eren, Mikasa and Levi (attack on titan)
Amaiamon (blue exorcist)
Sasuke and Itachi Uchiha (naruto) :ninja:

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 8:54 am

Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion is practically a stereotypical aspie. The lack of noticing social cues, the extremely repetitive behavior, the hyperfocus, and the tendency toward massive meltdowns are all classic signs of Aspergers. One of his friends, the gun nut also shows signs of it.

There's also practically every character from nearly every harem anime imaginable. So many of them are extreme planet of the hats types that can't notice social cues to save their lives.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

AspieAlphys28
Raven
Raven

07 Jan 2016, 3:58 pm

Ash Ketchum!! !! and his pikachu probably i mean pokemon probably arent ?? autistic but just let me dream maybe they are

also miyuki from lucky star, madoka from madoka magica, chihiro from dangan ronpa, and hamtaro, oxnard and penelope from hamtaro :heart:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 154 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

░█▀▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀█
░█░░░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀░░░█
░░▀▄░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▄▀
░░░░▌░▄▄░░░▄▄░▐▀▀
░░░▐░░█▄░░░▄█░░▌▄▄▀▀▀▀█
░░░▌▄▄▀▀░▄░▀▀▄▄▐░░░░░░█
▄▀▀▐▀▀░▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀▌▄▄▄░░░█
█░░░▀▄░█░░░█░▄▀░░░░█▀▀▀
░▀▄░░▀░░▀▀▀░░▀░░░▄█▀
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄░▀▄
░░░█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█░░█░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█▄█░░▄▀
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄█▀

cthulhuhead
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Mar 2016, 7:57 pm

I think that Mikazuki from Iron Blooded Orphans is a great example of an aspergers individual in anime.

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2016, 11:53 pm

Tomoko from Watamote.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Incendax
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2017, 7:25 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Winry Rockbell from Full Metal Alchemist always so obsessed with metal.
Why would Winry Rockbell be on the spectrum? Choice of profession aside, she seems extremely NT.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 1:27 pm

Very old topic but let's raise it up again!

Like some have said, L and Near from Death Note, especially the later. I don't think this even needs to be explained to people who know both these characters and about autism.

Then there's Yamori Chimaki from 7 Seeds. I never thought of it until a friend pointed it out, but it really might be the case. He's a guy who's obsessed with painting, knows random facts about art, has a weird sense of humor, rarely makes contact with other people of his own accord, says what he thinks and doesn't seem to care what other people think... oh and the big shots from the goverment in the series put him in to a group of people that they called "misfit failure children who couldn't fit to the society." Sounds like something that an autistic person might be labeled as, doesn't it?

There are also Iwashimizu Natsu and Nijiko from the same series, but I don't think that they are as likely to be autistic as Chimaki. In their cases, their autistic like traits are more likely caused by their enviroment and up bringing... Natsu's problem seems to be more like social anxiety, but then again she's had it from young age and something had to cause it, so maybe she might be closer to the spectrum than being an NT. She's also part of the same group as Chimaki by the way. Nijiko... well, she barely shows emotion and doesn't even seem to have emotions most of the time. She's also the kind of person who mostly thinks with logic and ignores her own feelings... or more like she doesn't even realize she has them. Her up bringing was by no means normal, so that might explain her behavior, but then again there are other characters in the series with the same kind of childhood (as far as I know so far) but they turned out rather different.

Also, random fact: in 7 Seeds there's Yamaki Sakuya who has photographic memory, but he mentions that he has a lot of trouble with remembering faces. So he might have prosopagnosia, which is rather common with autistic people... not that I think the character is autistic; he's way too socially skilled for that.

mawilegirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2018, 6:21 pm

Characters that I think have Aspergers:

Yukari Akiyama from Girls Und Panzer
Ichimatsu Matsuno from Osomatsu-san
Osomatsu Matsuno from Osomatsu-san
Osaka from Azumanga Daioh
Tomoko Kuroki from Watamote
Ruby Kurosawa from Love Live Sunshine

I think Yukari Akiyama from Girls Und Panzer has aspergers because of her special interest of tanks, and she struggled with making friends in the begining (and then she was able to make friends though, because of her special interest and vast knowledge of tanks!)
I think Ichimatsu does because he is very uncomfortable in public and with social situations, prefers cats over people. He has a special interest of cats.
I think Osomatsu does; for not too obvious reasons. Maybe some people who have also seen Osomatsu-san would go "Huh, why?!" but I started thinking so in episode 24 of season 1! Osomatsu is extremely distressed by change. When his brothers go away and get jobs; he shuts down. He doesn't know how to deal with it. It's the same way for me! I also think he has aspergers because he doesn't really have usual social tact, and he can very easily get addicted to thing! (For example; gambling.)
I think Osaka does because she struggles keeping conversations going. She is often inside her own head.
I think Tomoko does... because... well....if you have seen watamote you would just know why I say she has it, okay!! !
I think Ruby does because of her extreme shyness and also her special interest of idols.

Okay, so maybe a few of these are a bit of a stretch; but I like to have nice characters to be able to relate to, alright!! ! ^^'

Level 2 ASD diagnosed

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

20 Feb 2018, 8:35 am

I think in Toaru Kagaku no Railgun pretty much everyone has savant skills as it features a city populated by teens with extraordinary skills. I'm not sure if anyone is autistic there.
Misaka Mikoto is obsessed with a little cartoonish frog and possess an impressive collection of related merchandise. She sometimes 'shuts out'. Shirai Kuroko is obsessed with Misaka and is very emotional.

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

22 Feb 2018, 1:58 pm

Edit: Shirai Kuroko is 100% autistic, watch episode # 4 (bangs her head).
And the scientist who forgets where she had parked her car.
OK you must watch this mess, tis hilarious

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2018, 2:43 pm

Niizuma Eiji from Bakuman. He has one obsession, which is manga. He often stims and makes noises when he's hyperfocused/"in the zone" drawing manga and is able to produce an extraordinary amount of work in a short period of time. He finds it hard to connect with other people/understand social cues.