Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 10:46 am

It would be unethical to vote Rommey.

Simple as that.

We know for a fact that foreign and economical policies would be the same with Obama or Rommey. (Stop fooling yourselves, both parties are extreme right and war mongers). So, what is left? Civil Rights, science and all that stuff. The republican party has made it clear that they are against 1) Abortion, 2) Gay marriage. 3) Doing anything about global warming. 4) Science education.

Republicans are the BS party. Republicans are also the tyranny of religion over minorities party. It would be an utter fail in ethics to vote Rommey. I consider anyone who would even ponder such a vote to be a bad person and an enemy of science. There, I said it.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 10:55 am

didnt Romney also directly say he doesn't care about poor people? Or something to that effect?

On the flip side if Romney does get in maybe 4 years of austerity will be the kick up the backside the American people need to wake up.

As George Carlin said "They call it the American dream, cause you gotta be asleep to believe it"

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 11:15 am

Vexcalibur wrote:

Simple as that.

We know for a fact that foreign and economical policies would be the same with Obama or Rommey. (Stop fooling yourselves, both parties are extreme right and war mongers). So, what is left? Civil Rights, science and all that stuff. The republican party has made it clear that they are against 1) Abortion, 2) Gay marriage. 3) Doing anything about global warming. 4) Science education.

Republicans are the BS party. Republicans are also the tyranny of religion over minorities party. It would be an utter fail in ethics to vote Rommey. I consider anyone who would even ponder such a vote to be a bad person and an enemy of science. There, I said it.

This, except I disagree about the foreign policy stuff. It looks to me like Obama has done great working with other nations and accomplishes a lot more to help our country and all of humanity with less cost and effort by our people. It also seems that Obama does at least try to help the poor instead of just exploiting them the way the Republicans do.

The way Republicans deny demonstrable reality if it interferes with making a quick buck, even if doing so has negative social and environmental impacts shows they are either greedy selfish bastards or insane, possibly both. The Republican party as it exists now represents the worst part of human nature by being the party of greed, ignorance and fear. If anyone knows what I know and still votes Republican, well, they aren't a very nice person, that's all.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 11:26 am

I also think if Romney gets in you're going to see a narrowing in the seperation between church and state.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Oct 2012, 11:40 am

Newsflash: Man fails to end global financial downturn, gets blamed for it.

No Western countries are doing particularly well economically at the moment. Obama tried to stimulate the economy, and it failed. George Osbourne is trying to magically make things better by cutting government spending, and that has failed too. You may as well refuse to re-elect Obama because he hasn't provided enough square circles.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 11:45 am

The American presidency seems a poisoned challace. Whoever takes it up is doomed to failure before they've even started precisely because it is vexed by media speculation and the opposing party of the day.

Then the electorate are dumb enough to think they will be able to vote the problem away in the next election.

America needs a second revolution.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 11:15 pm

I don't feel particularly loyal to Obama or the democratic party, but I despise the republican party. They brought us the Bush-years, and instead of even acting remorseful, they're indignant about Obama being in the whitehouse and hell-bent on continuing tax reduction, military spending increases, and less funding towards research. Not to mention that they are a much bigger threat to civil liberties / quality of life. When they say freedom, they mean for people of status.

Sorry, had to rant.

thomas81, if you watch the news and read the comments section after yahoo articles, you'd think we were at eachothers throats. I think if we have a revolution, it will happen because we weren't finding something useful to do. Solving problems and beating the other side into submission are two different things.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 1:18 am

thomas81 wrote:
The American presidency seems a poisoned challace. Whoever takes it up is doomed to failure before they've even started precisely because it is vexed by media speculation and the opposing party of the day.Then the electorate are dumb enough to think they will be able to vote the problem away in the next election. America needs a second revolution.

no, we need an educated working class who are smart enough to stop voting against their own best self-interests due to petty hatreds, who are smart enough to know a red herring when one is thrown at their feet. nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the american public. freedom and ignorance can't coexist.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 2:30 am

MDD123 wrote:
I don't feel particularly loyal to Obama or the democratic party, but I despise the republican party. They brought us the Bush-years, and instead of even acting remorseful, they're indignant about Obama being in the whitehouse and hell-bent on continuing tax reduction, military spending increases, and less funding towards research. Not to mention that they are a much bigger threat to civil liberties / quality of life. When they say freedom, they mean for people of status.

Ah, the Bush years. . . . . I sure wish the last 4 years were as good as the Bush years. It cracks me up when ignorant/brainwashed people blame Bush and republicans for the problems with the economy when the major problems were caused by the democrats and their policies.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 11:54 pm

Bataar wrote:
Ah, the Bush years. . . . . I sure wish the last 4 years were as good as the Bush years.

:huh: what good bush years are you referring to? must be in a different america than i lived in during that time. maybe you lived in the rich america. yes, that must be it. now i understand. :roll:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 1:44 am

Vexcalibur wrote:

And a vote for the war-mongering, civil liberties trampling, two faced Wall Street stooge in currently occupying the White House is ethical why?

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 11:15 am

thomas81 wrote:
didnt Romney also directly say he doesn't care about poor people? Or something to that effect?

On the flip side if Romney does get in maybe 4 years of austerity will be the kick up the backside the American people need to wake up.

As George Carlin said "They call it the American dream, cause you gotta be asleep to believe it"

The problem is he probably won't implement austerity because it won't be politically possible. He'll just cut taxes for the rich and make the deficit bigger like Republicans always do. Then you'll see a bigger split between the Republican Party and the Tea Party. If the American people ever do wake up it will be too late. There will be riots in the streets like in Greece. People will get killed. There will be animosity and rage like never seen before.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 3:47 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:

And a vote for the war-mongering, civil liberties trampling, two faced Wall Street stooge in currently occupying the White House is ethical why?
Did I tell you to vote for Obama?

If you want to vote third party go ahead.

However, it is by far less ethical to vote Rommey, because as a republican he is exactly all those things you mentioned AND also against civil liberties.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 4:10 pm

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 5:05 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
However, it is by far less ethical to vote Rommey, because as a republican he is exactly all those things you mentioned AND also against civil liberties.

Remind me again, who has Romney ordered killed? Which conscience stricken whiste-blower has he thrown into the gulag? I'll give you two faced, but I think Obama still has him beaten there with his "evolving positions" and outright lies, e.g. not going after state legalized medical marijuana or illegal immigrants.

Let's not forget that as evil as everyone thinks the GOP is, it's Obama who is going to be handing them an executive assassination program, an indefinite detention program, and a whistle blower prosecution precedent, to name just a few of the more odious achievements of the current president. Obama built all that, and when the Republicans do take power, as they will whether it's this year or 2016 or beyond, they will take control of that apparatus and the responsibility will be on Obama and everyone who turned a blind eye to his actions. Good job.