Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 6:36 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
And the Republicans do? At least the Democrats are funding special education for my autistic daughter. I hardly see the Republicans fighting for that, or for providing a social net for those in need, or providing equal rights for gay Americans, etc.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Did I endorse the Republicans? There are more than two parties in this country, even if the scaremongering has convinced plenty of people otherwise.

Okay. But usually, when someone trashes the Democrats, it means their shilling for the Republicans.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 8:19 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Okay. But usually, when someone trashes the Democrats, it means their shilling for the Republicans.

Bill, that's exactly how the people you trash for watching FOX think. Not sorta, not kinda, EXACTLY. If you believe that all/most criticism of your party is invalid because it must be the work of partisan shills for the other side, are you even capable of absorbing information objectively?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 11:25 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Bill, that's exactly how the people you trash for watching FOX think. Not sorta, not kinda, EXACTLY. If you believe that all/most criticism of your party is invalid because it must be the work of partisan shills for the other side, are you even capable of absorbing information objectively?

Oh, no, I can be critical of the Democrats. And I know full well that not all criticism of the Democrats is unfair. It's just that most of what you hear on Fox, Limbaugh, etc. is unfair and unreasonable.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 12:09 am

Dox47 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
there is a perenneal critical mass of americans who cannot put aside their petty mutual hatreds and prejudices long enough to vote in their collective best self interest, and so republicans get most often elected, and then these same clueless voters wonder why they keep getting screwed. :roll:

Looked in the mirror lately? I can all but assure you that the Democratic party does not have your best interests at heart, though they're admittedly more likely to pander to you than the Republicans are.

3rd parties just aren't a realistic option here in america, they most often are just spoilers. i made my 3rd party mistake back in '80 which meant i denied a vote to carter which caused [in small part] ronnie raygun to get in and make the 80s a lost decade for me. no more CETA. most of the good entry-level factory jobs exported = very few jobs especially for unskilled people=homelessness. skyrocketing school tuitions putting upgraded skills beyond the reach of those who need them the most. the lions' share of this occurred in the 80s under raygun's watch. obamacare is a hopeful lifeline for me [with my preexisting medical conditions], i'm not rich enough for real health insurance especially now after my accident and a mountain of medical bills. if obamacare were in effect last august, i'd be in much better shape now. so you can call it "pandering" all you want but it is a real social good the democrats gave commonfolk like me, over the decades.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 12:25 am

auntblabby wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
there is a perenneal critical mass of americans who cannot put aside their petty mutual hatreds and prejudices long enough to vote in their collective best self interest, and so republicans get most often elected, and then these same clueless voters wonder why they keep getting screwed. :roll:

Looked in the mirror lately? I can all but assure you that the Democratic party does not have your best interests at heart, though they're admittedly more likely to pander to you than the Republicans are.

3rd parties just aren't a realistic option here in america, they most often are just spoilers. i made my 3rd party mistake back in '80 which meant i denied a vote to carter which caused [in small part] ronnie raygun to get in and make the 80s a lost decade for me. no more CETA. most of the good entry-level factory jobs exported = very few jobs especially for unskilled people=homelessness. skyrocketing school tuitions putting upgraded skills beyond the reach of those who need them the most. the lions' share of this occurred in the 80s under raygun's watch. obamacare is a hopeful lifeline for me [with my preexisting medical conditions], i'm not rich enough for real health insurance especially now after my accident and a mountain of medical bills. if obamacare were in effect last august, i'd be in much better shape now. so you can call it "pandering" all you want but it is a real social good the democrats gave commonfolk like me, over the decades.

Amen, brother Blabby!