Did Hitler have asperger's/autism or not?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 2:36 pm

Click Here for Related Poll

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 3:18 pm

AnotherKind wrote:
He suffered of PTSD. I saw a documentary with him and they talked about this.

What trauma was he stressed and disordered from?

( I know he was in combat in the first world war- was it that?)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 3:38 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
AnotherKind wrote:
He suffered of PTSD. I saw a documentary with him and they talked about this.

I know something happened during WWI and he blamed it on the Jews and years later he decided to get rid of them all. Could that have something to do with it? :P

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Oct 2012, 3:55 pm

I don't think this is true. It's just another lie that you can find on websites, and that is ruining the reputation of the aspies/autistics even more.

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 4:09 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

He had a traumatic childhood and couldn't follow his dream to become an artist. They said the WWI had an impact on him also.
Too bad I can't remember the name of the documentary. Anyway they are just speculations.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 4:37 pm

TallyMan wrote:
(Thread moved from Autism discussion to Random)

Not this topic again! Every few months someone starts a new thread on this!

Just got through reading an article in a magazine devoted to history. Their finding? Hitler never convinced anyone who didn't already agree with the poison he spouted. He was, to coin a phrase, an NT's NT.
Enough of this topic ! !!

Vyacheslav
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 5:16 pm

Did Hitler have Aspergers? We'll never know and as was posted before, is irrelevant.

What is relevant in my opinion is that before all the hatred, venom, and madness there was a young child living in a strict, rigid environment who wanted, needed some love and understanding and found none. What would have happened if someone (especially from his own gender) had shown a little love and caring? Would it have made any difference, would it have saved millions of lives? We'll never know that either, but the next time we encounter a lost, unloved child maybe we should lend a hand or an ear, or give a kind word and try to understand. Possibly, it would change nothing, but maybe, just maybe, it could prevent a lot of misery.

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 5:16 pm

I think he had a harsh childhood and also mental difficulties from his service in the First World War in which he was wounded if I remember correctly. PTSD possibly.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 6:56 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lejfGhWeakY&feature=related[/youtube]

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

01 Nov 2012, 10:46 pm

No-one read the interesting and detailed PDF I linked on page 1?
Oh well...

*wanders off*

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 11:43 pm

Cornflake wrote:
No-one read the interesting and detailed PDF I linked on page 1?
Oh well...

*wanders off*

Just finished it, actually. There was no mention of developmental disabilities in it, but it does make a compelling case for a number of other disorders. The only possible autistic traits I saw mentioned in it was that he tended to talk at people rather than to them, he had trouble socializing and was sexually abnormal.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

02 Nov 2012, 7:29 am

Excellent, thanks.
I was beginning to think I was alone in thinking it an interesting overview from professionals of contemporaneous information about Hitler and the opinions of academicians and historians well qualified to have a detailed view of the man.

It's not without flaws and remains speculative of course, but it's well-informed speculation and is probably as good a posthumous diagnosis as it's possible to get, and I agree that it makes a compelling case for other disorders.
Does it matter now? No, not really.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

02 Nov 2012, 7:47 am

chris5000, that video from YouTube user truthwillout1003 was umm, "interesting" - as were the comments to it and the other stuff he's posted.
He seems to be in the same camp as David Irving and other holocaust deniers, consequently his videos tend to show Hitler from "the Disney viewpoint".

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 7:48 am

Well, most likely not AS or AD. By definition, they're too severe for someone to successfully move up the ranks of a government body. He'd have to be a massive outlier with everything falling perfectly in place; enough so that the odds are highly unlikely. Subclinical? Possible, but any quirky personality trait can still fall within normal. The lack of empathy and black and white thinking are hallmarks of AS, yes, but they're still able to be there in the normal population (and they are).

Personally, I'd like to know what mental illness Germany had as a whole back then though (it's nowhere near exclusive to just them, of course; US had it pretty good back in 2003 as one of the latest big names to come down with something similar).

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 8:00 am

Cornflake wrote:
chris5000, that video from YouTube user truthwillout1003 was umm, "interesting" - as were the comments to it and the other stuff he's posted.
He seems to be in the same camp as David Irving and other holocaust deniers, consequently his videos tend to show Hitler from "the Disney viewpoint".

lol, That reminded me of this Muppet movie at Walt Disney World with Nazi Swastikas in it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H4Su6sR6u8[/youtube]

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 4:17 pm

I don't mind people evaluating Hitler as this or that, but that video ......