Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 12:13 pm

Ok I like to know something and I only want men to answer.
why do men ignore women flaws much more than women do for men.
for example if a man is shy and nervous around women, most likely
no women would date him. He would be seen as insecured.
However men have no problem dating a women who is shy and nervous.
I seen women with horrible social skills that still could get a man to date her.
Are men just more nicer, are men more liberal.

disclaimer: I know some women are going to get offended and take everything I say
out of context. First Im not saying shy women/weak social skills women are bad or don't
deserve dates. What I am saying is how come men are more likely to date women who are shy
and have weak social skills and why women most likely won't date men who are shy and have weak social skills.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 12:41 pm

It's because those men don't have standards. I would not waste my time on anyone with those double standards.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Plodder
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 12:49 pm

It seems you are talking about men's willingness to ignore personality flaws, not physical ones.

The answer is that men are, generally speaking, more interested in physical looks, so they don't care if the woman is shy as long as she's nice looking. Men are willing to overlook personality flaws as long as the woman is physically the way they want her to be.

Women, on the other hand, are, generally speaking, more interested in personality, so if the man does not impress them with confidence and acts like a wimp, they'll eliminate him as a possible match, even if he's good-looking. On the other hand, women are willing to overlook physical flaws as long as the man's personality is the way they want him to be.

So, generally speaking, men are willing to compromise on personality, but not looks, and women are willing to compromise on looks, but not personality. That's just the way both genders are.

By the way, this part of the forum is open to both men and women. Anyone can post here. So you can't really demand that only men answer you. If you post a thread, anyone here is allowed to respond.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 3:26 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
It's because those men don't have standards. I would not waste my time on anyone with those double standards.

Us men can be just as picky, so I call BS on that. Personality AND Intelligence for me is a BIG thing that either can make or break a relationship, let alone id also have to be physically attracted to the individual as well.

Lesson being not all us men are even remotely the same. I need someone that I can hold an Intelligent conversation with, isn't overly clingy and such. And as stated, the physical attraction needs to be there as well.

Of course I really didn't have much of a male figure in my life, so meh. Been around women for the vast majority of it.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Duncan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Nov 2012, 3:41 pm

It can be explained in biological, a women can only bear the child of one man at time so they have to be pick. Where as men can impregnate multiple women if able and willing.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 8:13 pm

I'm only quoting my brother here, so don't shoot me:

"Men are pretty pathetic creatures."

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 8:25 pm

billiscool wrote:
... why do men ignore women flaws much more than women do for men? ... Are men just more nicer, are men more liberal?

As long as a man is "getting some" from a woman, he will likely put up with just about anything short of her attempting murder him in order to keep that old booma-booma happening.

As for women ... it seems, in my opinion, that many women will look for any excuse to not put up with having to put out.

It may be that sex is more important for men, and love is more important for women. I could be wrong, though.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 11:16 pm

Because there's a societal paradigm whereby the role of masculinity is very much one of machismo and aggression,
whereas the feminine one is far more passive.

TLDR; Because both men and women are told from an early age what makes for an attractive partner.

to his Interest."

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 12:39 am

Plodder gets best post for explaining it.