Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 6:46 pm

When I was 7 years old in 1997 I was at my grandmas house one morning with my 4 year old brother and i think my grandmas boyfriend was there as well along with the lodger who was asleep upstairs. My grandmother cooked breakfast and when she laid it out on the table I was very dissapointed with the quality of it so in anger I chucked it off the table. I then ran up the stairs and shouted at my grandma. She then took out a cooking stick and said too me " I will whack you with my stick". I then ran into one of the bedrooms upstairs and cried. My grandmother was eccentric so I don't think she took my behavior too heart. Sadly as well only months later my grandmother passed away of breast cancer aged 67

I know it was a long time ago but still too this day I was surprised by my actions back then. I guess kids on the autistic spectrum are more prone too this kind of behaviour

What do you make of the whole incident in your opinions? Lol

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 12:17 am

I'm with you in the sense of seeing it now and how ridiculous it made us look, the time to worry about it is if you still react in the same manner. If you don't, then no harm no foul, you've grown from it. I shared something similar a few days ago about the guilt catching up to me. As far as extreme reactions, it's all we have at the time, if we'd had any better coping skills we'd have used them already.