Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jinks
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Nov 2012, 3:34 pm

Like some others here, I am very clear and intelligent-sounding in text but when I try to talk verbally about things I stammer, hesitate, have trouble keeping up with a conversation and generally run into a brick wall when I am trying to put things into words. I have huge problems expressing myself verbally and often get frustrated trying to explain things and give up.

I am a visual thinker, but I don't think it is translating the images into words which is the problem, as I can send things straight from my brain to my fingers and type them without problems (though I suppose even fast typing is a little slower than speaking, so perhaps that helps). There just seems to be something about sending thoughts through my verbal equipment which is problematic for me.

It has got to the point where I have considered asking someone I am talking to to get on an instant messenger so I can explain to them what I am trying to say!

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2012, 5:45 pm

Jinks wrote:
It has got to the point where I have considered asking someone I am talking to to get on an instant messenger so I can explain to them what I am trying to say!

I'm actually not all that great on IM either, so I guess I do need to think about what I am writing. IM goes just as fast as a verbal conversation. I prefer email.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)