Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

almarzhm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2006, 6:08 pm

I'm thinking of meeting women through online dating websites...any suggestions for good websites ? Its my first time trying this thing..what are the sort of things u think i need to know ? any experiences u guys have with them ..

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 6:14 pm

In my experience the free ones, or the free trials, aren't worth a damn. Access is crippled. If you're willing to pay a monthly fee on the other hand, you'll have more available sections / information on the site. I just never saw the point of forking out money for it, seemed more like gambling than anything else.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 6:55 pm

Okcupid.com is free and popular. Has a lot of members, in other words.

It's as well-ran as most pay sites.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 6:57 pm

What is a good one for those that are 14-16 and up?

-SpaceCase

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 7:27 pm

MySpace isn't a dating site, but it's a good place to meet people, so it can work as one....

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 7:29 pm

Match.com is the worse site I ever seen so avoid that one... they is a reason they give you 6 months free if you don't find anyone in 6 months..

http://www.faceparty.com/ this place is free -

But really you open up to more people been interested in the same person & end up been worse than what it would be in person meeting...

I have wasted 1 year chatting to someone before with them in the end of having no intention of meeting

Last edited by logitechdog on 17 Dec 2006, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 7:30 pm

Veresae wrote:
MySpace isn't a dating site, but it's a good place to meet people, so it can work as one....

MYSPACE! THE EVIL! IT BURNS!! !! !
[/anti-myspace rant]

Figured I'd poke around okcupid for the hell of it. Lo and behold, I already had an account. Must have made it a couple years ago. Definitely made me wonder about how bad my memory has gotten.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 8:03 pm

shadexiii wrote:
MYSPACE! THE EVIL! IT BURNS!! !! !
[/anti-myspace rant]

I don't blame you, the site is owned by Fox after all. XD It was just a suggestion.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 8:08 pm

Veresae wrote:
I don't blame you, the site is owned by Fox after all. XD It was just a suggestion.

Its more the general..."feel" of the site. Just makes me, I can't even think of the right word, nauseated is close. Its a combination of nauseated, amused, disgusted, confused...I think that's a good summary.

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 9:31 pm

SpaceCase wrote:
What is a good one for those that are 14-16 and up?

-SpaceCase

Dating sites are normally 18+. In your case, SpaceCase, I'd recommend using sites like MySpace or Facebook to meet people.

I tried plentyoffish.com, and while the site is OK, most people there just didn't interest me.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2006, 2:26 am

myspace, I advertise there. I'm a wedding photog. I also have my reg pro and soon my music pro. yes, I'm a man of many talents. maybe even one day a book pro.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2006, 6:49 am

I tried plentyoffish.com

So far, three people answered my profile, but I didn't feel like I clicked with any of them. Plus one of the women who answered my profile had a child from a previous relationship, and that would be too much responsibility while I am going to college.

There was a fourth woman who claimed to have "just moved from West Africa". I had mixed feelings about her because so many scam artists claim to be from that part of the world. This was somewhat confusing because there is a large West African community in Houston, with Nigeria being the homeland of most of them.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2006, 8:43 am

In regards to anyone with more focused interests, MySpace is a place to stay away from, if you like to think of yourself as a bit of a Geek, try Sweet on Geek, if you're a Goth, you're out of luck, because most Forums are chock full of wackos, Neo Goths, and normal people, so you'll want to look for a small site rather than a big one. OkCupid is a great place not matter what you're into (And I do mean "No matter what"! 8O ), Gothic Match had an unusual concentration of Metalheads last time I was there, more specifically what I like to call "Black Heads" (Fans of Black Metal), ha!

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

GenericBrandUserName
Toucan
Toucan

18 Dec 2006, 3:34 pm

My opinion/advice? Stay away from online dating sites. The lack of human contact and interaction, I feel like, serves as a hinderance to forming relationships. That was certainly the case for me, that and I met people there that made me look sane. 8O

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2006, 11:11 pm

Yeah, I'll never use a dating website again. Total waste of time and money. The only good thing about it was it was what motivated me to get a credit card.

Honestly, anything that takes the human element of interaction away is not worth it. Instant messaging, e-mail, and phone should only be used to arrange in-person meetings, at least at the local level.

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2006, 11:44 pm

screw that I want holographic system installed in my room – i.e:- like in
* The 6th day * zip my fly down any day, and worth the money lol :/ :jester:

Ye but it can be put a side if the person is shy...

"" If you don't like my Driving then Get Off the SIDEWALK ""