scale of -10 to +10, how do you feel right now?

Page 1805 of 2210 [ 35360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1802, 1803, 1804, 1805, 1806, 1807, 1808 ... 2210  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 6:44 pm

Works back to denying me my legally required break again :( -5

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 6:45 pm

That really sucks....

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 6:47 pm

sly279 wrote:

How can they do that? :?

Here, there are industries where we don't demand our legally required breaks because it's just the way things go when you're working in a super busy bar or restaurant and it's best for customer service, sales, and tips to just keep working when it's busy.

But you're working in the clearance section of a retail store.. seems odd. First reason that comes to mind is because they're trying to upset you and force you to quit. Especially if you're the only one they're doing that to.

edit: I thought of you while I was helping some friends install some engineered laminate hardwood flooring. My role in the process was to open up boxes of flooring, take out each piece, inspect it for any flaws or deficiencies, mark flaws with a pencil, and sort them by good/bad & by length. Few flooring installers will ever employ a helper to do this, but, it's VERY common that construction firms employ people to go through a new build with a keen eye for detail and make a list of any flaws/deficiencies that need to be fixed. I bet you'd excel at a job like that.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:27 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

How can they do that? :?

Here, there are industries where we don't demand our legally required breaks because it's just the way things go when you're working in a super busy bar or restaurant and it's best for customer service, sales, and tips to just keep working when it's busy.

But you're working in the clearance section of a retail store.. seems odd. First reason that comes to mind is because they're trying to upset you and force you to quit. Especially if you're the only one they're doing that to.

edit: I thought of you while I was helping some friends install some engineered laminate hardwood flooring. My role in the process was to open up boxes of flooring, take out each piece, inspect it for any flaws or deficiencies, mark flaws with a pencil, and sort them by good/bad & by length. Few flooring installers will ever employ a helper to do this, but, it's VERY common that construction firms employ people to go through a new build with a keen eye for detail and make a list of any flaws/deficiencies that need to be fixed. I bet you'd excel at a job like that.

I dont know cause they mean I guess. Normally they have 2 people in clothing but they had 5 today. They told me yiu only get one break if under 7 hours the law is clear 6:01 to 10hours gets a lunch and two breaks. Any major portion of or 4 hours needs a break. So I had two segments of 3 hours anything over 2 hours is major portion of 4 hours so I should had two breaks. I worked 6 and half hours.
I dont know how it is but we still have the sign in our station that says 6 hours is 30 mins lunch two 15 min breaks, over 7 is 1 hour lunch two 15 min breaks
Law only requires 10 min breaks and 30 min lunch, I assume the hour is so they can work you 8 hours but pay 7 skirting giving benefits. I’d split my breaks up so I had hour and half between each. Which makes working 6 hours (something I don’t do) more bearable. And not giving me my break meant I went 3 hours straight after lunch. Sadly we don’t clock out for breaks.so there’s no way for the government to know I didn’t take my break. I can report it but how would I prove it’s. I’m going try to talk to hr. New boss is also pushing my hours I’ll need to request 14 next few weeks or I may make too much bu $1 or so and loss my disability, March is a 3 check month.

That’s the problem such jobs are few and far between. Computers now can do detail checks at factories :(

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:52 pm

sorry to hear this, sly. good for you for keeping track of your income limits.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:55 pm

still missing that blue jean baby queen.

prettiest girl i've ever seen.

i will be 21 soon. a whole third of my life wasted, fixating on someone who does not value the essence of reciprocity.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:59 pm

i've ruined whatever chance i had anyway.

i went all the way across the world hoping to reclaim that feeling, and it worked, but when you have to go back to the same ol tired old routine before long what purpose does it serve.

it gets tiring, watching someone from afar and little else. words are not enough.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 10:05 pm

1.4 billion years!

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 2:52 pm

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 3:08 pm

-8. Feeling really guilty about continuing to live when aside from the emotional attachments people may have for me (which they'd get over sooner or later), all I am and will be for the forseeable future is a parasite, leeching off of others to survive without giving anything in return (because I have nothing to give). But then again, I'd feel guilty for not continuing to live because of said emotional attachments :?

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 3:51 pm

-9 kinda want to call out sick tomorrow, I don’t want to work on my birthday and deal with all th fake happy birthday wishes from people who don’t give a s**t about me.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 3:52 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
-20 Lost another job

Hugs

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 3:57 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
-8. Feeling really guilty about continuing to live when aside from the emotional attachments people may have for me (which they'd get over sooner or later), all I am and will be for the forseeable future is a parasite, leeching off of others to survive without giving anything in return (because I have nothing to give). But then again, I'd feel guilty for not continuing to live because of said emotional attachments :?

Maybe what you give is your companionship?
I’d gladly have a woman “leach” off me if I got her companionship I wouldn’t call it leaching. Money is stupid. Companionship with someone is priceless. Your more important then the superficial society you’re using to judge yourself.
Get on ssi, try find a part time job if you want, eventually you could meet a guy who won’t care you don’t contribute as much as he does.

Mcphologer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Feb 2018, 8:16 pm

Nope. Every and any job interview I end up going to has been a resounding failure. Every time they say "we're choosing another candidate, I'm sorry and have a nice day," my self esteem plummets and my mood is ruined. At this point in time, I'm just another failure of a human being living the 'American dream'. Woo, glad to see that it consisted of suffering and getting closer and closer to the razor blades edge.

Also, I'm dehydrated half to hell.

There's three ways to stop me from doing what I do...
What? You think I'mma tell you?

I'm not female, even though this account says I am. I messed up during account creation. Which is-- yeah, all I do. Always messing something up.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 5:43 pm

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 5:58 pm