Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 6:08 pm

Ok I have a blue Wii that I bought. Its not new, infact its pretty old. Well everytime I insert a Gamecube game it "spits" it out, yet in the games menu it offers Wii and Gamecube. Even in the options it gives off this SD card slot for GameCube games....
What gives? WIll someone please help me with this Wii? I cant return it and it plays Wii games just fine.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 9:01 pm

I was going to ask if you had mistakenly bought a Family Edition Wii, which cuts out the GC backwards compatibility.

If it's an older Wii, like, older than a year, then yeah, something's up.

Do you know if the system has been hacked before? Sometimes when it's hacked to play other games, certain other features can get really screwy. I know someone else whose Wii stopped playing GC stuff when he hacked it, but it didn't spit the games out.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 9:03 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
I was going to ask if you had mistakenly bought a Family Edition Wii, which cuts out the GC backwards compatibility.

Do you know if the system has been hacked before? Sometimes when it's hacked to play other games, certain other features can get really screwy. I know someone else whose Wii stopped playing GC stuff when he hacked it, but it didn't spit the games out.

How do you hack a Wii?

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 6:28 am

All I can really say about it is that you have to look it up online. :P

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 2:59 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:

As far as I know its older, but has been discontinued by the manufacturer. As far as hacking goes, I dont know if its been hacked or not? How would I be able to tell?

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 4:44 pm

Have you tried inserting a Wii disc into the console? If it fails to read Wii and Gamecube games your console could have a fault disc drive.

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 8:22 pm

Colinn wrote:
Have you tried inserting a Wii disc into the console? If it fails to read Wii and Gamecube games your console could have a fault disc drive.

The Wii itself works for Wii games :) Just not Gamecube.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 11:58 pm

Do you have a Gamecube memory card and controller plugged in? Not sure if that would cause it, but I know you can't save Gamecube data to the Wii's internal memory or SD cards and you need a GC memory card to save games. Same with controllers, the wii classic controller doesn't even work, has to be an actual gamecube controller. I don't have a Wii anymore so I can't test myself if not having a memory card in would reject the game.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 3:10 am

I'm pretty sure that even without the memory card in, you can play GC games, you clearly just can't save them. I don't know what's wrong, that sucks :( If all else fails, I would try hacking it to allow blank discs to play GC games (Wii games too, but those can still be bought from stores so I don't do that...much XD), that's what my BF did with his. I think it's complicated though, not sure if it's for the average gamer to try and figure out.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 4:10 am

It's incredibly easy; I'm not sure if they have a hack for the updated version, though. You might want to look into it.

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 12:51 am

Dont have a Controller or Memory card plugged in. This wii came with no instructions, luckily I remembered what friends did to set up their Wii. Im still clueless though about all the channels it has going for it.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 6:14 am

That's kind of weird, not sure why it would do that...I've never had it just eject any kind of disc, even if I put in one it doesn't support (like an audio CD or a movie DVD).

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 4:45 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
That's kind of weird, not sure why it would do that...I've never had it just eject any kind of disc, even if I put in one it doesn't support (like an audio CD or a movie DVD).

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/3 ... AA300_.jpg i have this wii.