Anyone cheated on someone they were with?

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ladystardust
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Nov 2012, 11:08 am

Fnord wrote:
ladystardust wrote:
Cheating is not necessarily sleeping with people other than your partner (or kissing or flirting or whatever you deem an unfaithful act to be). Cheating is doing those things without your partner's consent, however far into a relationship you may be.

Translation: Cheating is when you do anything without someone else's expressed permission, because being in a relationship of any kind is all about having control over someone else's thoughts, words, and actions.

Well, yes, I don't see too much semantic difference between 'consent' and 'permission'... I do disagree that being in a relationship is equal to controlling your partner's behaviour, though. I see a positive relationship as being more about compromise, finding the middle ground where you're both as happy as possible.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 11:12 am

I don't think anybody owns their partner or can control them in the way they think want.
Maybe, if you apply Stockholm Syndrome to a relationship, one could be submissive and the other controlling. But I guess that is a specific type of relationship.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 11:12 am

Nope. Let me ask Mario, hey Mario have you cheated on Princess Peach?[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SX3JnUhTaE&feature=related[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 11:56 am

Fnord wrote:
ManicDan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Is that why women invented The Rules?
half those rules will make sure women are single, the other half are just "be happy and get out there". id be worried for anyone who read that book.

I'd be worried (if I were single) if I knew my girlfriend had read "The Rules" or subscribed to "Cosmopolitan" or any of the numerous bride's magazines. They all seemed to be focused on their eventual wedding, and not necessarily on our relationship. Most had no idea of what a real marriage is all about ... those that did seemed to all have lawyers on speed-dial ...

Oh god, don't even get me started on Cosmopolitan. That damn magazine is full of sh***y suggestions...