Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 3:35 pm

just wondering if anyone remembers an old PC game, I can't think of the name, but I can tell you what it was like...

it let you command an army of jeeps and tanks, among other army vehicles. every level would start out with a set of vehicles, you would click on them, and tell them were to go, who to attack. it was alot like Warcraft or Starcraft, except you couldn't build or train units, you had to use what was given at the start of a level, but sometimes you could capture or recruite new vehicles.
I remember it had a repair truck, you had to capture it, so you could use it to fix your jeeps and tanks.
it looked alot like Rail Of War, as far as graphics were concerned, sadly I can't get Rail of war back, I lost it when my computer crashed, and I haven't seen this other game in years... I don't think it even exist anymore... if thats the case, does anyone know a game that is similier to this? I'm just curious, thats all. but I'd really like to know.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 4:07 pm

@transformingcar - How's your Annebelle and Tina story coming along?

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 4:33 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
@transformingcar - How's your Annebelle and Tina story coming along?

actually, I was just working on that today. so far, the story starts when they are kids. I've not finished much yet, but I could share some of it in the art and writeing section if ya want.

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 4:35 pm

Sounds like HerZog zwei. Published in 1989. Is that too old?

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 4:49 pm

Aharon wrote:
Sounds like HerZog zwei. Published in 1989. Is that too old?

sorry, thats not the one I was thinking of... I have a feeling the game I'm trying to remember doesn't exist anymore.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 5:07 pm

transformingcar wrote:
I have a feeling the game I'm trying to remember doesn't exist anymore.

Like, it was only a figment of your imagination?

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 5:29 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
transformingcar wrote:
I have a feeling the game I'm trying to remember doesn't exist anymore.

Like, it was only a figment of your imagination?

No, becuase I played other games that used the same graphics and images, if you look at rail of war, this game had the same jeeps in it.
I played it at my grandma's house many years ago, I'm thinking it was from wildtangent, or popcap games, something like that.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 5:31 pm

Sounds like an RTS, maybe command and conquer?

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 6:48 pm

Gameplay wise it sounds similar to the first Ground Control game, but that was sci-fi so I don't think its what you are thinking of.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 7:18 pm

So an RTS Without base/unit building or resource gathering?

Did the units you have gain experience as you went along or were you given a fresh number of units with each scenario?

I'm thinking of the Close Combat series or the Sudden Strike series. Though looking at Images of Rail Of War it looks more like close combat 1-5 probably 2 onwards.

If it is close combat your thinking of its far from finished. A UK company called Slitherine bought the rights to the source code and publishes them through Matrix Games.

Otherwise did the game have something to do with mercenaries? There was an obscure RTS in the 90's were you played as a merc unit. It was buggy as hell though

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 7:42 pm

Could the game be Dark Colony... it's a RTS that I have played as no one mentioned yet...

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 2:31 am

If you can only use the units given at game start and there is no resource collecting/building stuff in the map...

it sounds like:

Close Combat Series.

Men of War series

Z

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 2:51 am

No, but you got me playing Rail of War again! :P It's easy enough to find and download.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 7:08 am

Quote:
Dark Colony

That had base building if i recall. Was a very cool game back then though, totally obscured by other RTS games of the time

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 7:32 am

Dowar