Page 86 of 137 [ 2186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 137  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 8:47 pm

Dog owners are only weird if they treat their dogs like people, e.g. dressing them in ridiculous outfits, feeding them people food that can be bad or toxic to them, and are 100% convinced that they know and understand everything their dogs are thinking and feeling, but dogs don't think like humans, they think like, well, dogs. Which is thinking only slightly less so than most humans from the looks of things.

Or, they treat their dogs like fashion accessories instead of living creatures, which is even worse.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:05 pm

I agree, lostonearth. I also hate those who breed and train dogs to be vicious and those who parade their poor dogs (and cats) around like show ponies. I think cat videos are more fun than dog videos, because people train dogs to do idiotic, scripted tricks. Cats are free to just be themselves, much more fun to watch.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 10:02 am

I believe in the red pill. I don't think men have the same rights as women because men don't have a say in a baby if the woman gets pregnant. If she wants an abortion or wants to put it up for an adoption, too bad for the guy.

There are lack of shelters for men who are in a domestic abuse.

I think the reason why the red pill has a bad rep because of the type of guys who use it so now lot of people think men who have swallowed the red pill hate women and are abusive and a mysoginist and see them as objects and are "nice guys". Makes me wonder how lot of people feel about women who believe in the red pill.

I think men should have more rights and I do take rape seriously for guys and domestic abuse. No it doesn't mean I think women shouldn't have rights and it doesn't mean I think women should be controlled by men and should be abused.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:07 pm

I think hate speech should not be censored.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 9:16 am

WTA tennis is boring to me at best. I love watching the ATP, particularly Roger, Rafa and Denis.

I agree, League_Girl. Anyone who is abused should be able to avail him/herself of a shelter.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 3:22 pm

Cassie Jaye seems to be easily brainwased. First it was religion, then it was feminism, then it was the MRA movement. What's next Cassie? Gonna interview some other niche group and become one of them too?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 3:26 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I believe in the red pill. I don't think men have the same rights as women because men don't have a say in a baby if the woman gets pregnant. If she wants an abortion or wants to put it up for an adoption, too bad for the guy.

There are lack of shelters for men who are in a domestic abuse.

I think the reason why the red pill has a bad rep because of the type of guys who use it so now lot of people think men who have swallowed the red pill hate women and are abusive and a mysoginist and see them as objects and are "nice guys". Makes me wonder how lot of people feel about women who believe in the red pill.

I think men should have more rights and I do take rape seriously for guys and domestic abuse. No it doesn't mean I think women shouldn't have rights and it doesn't mean I think women should be controlled by men and should be abused.

Yes all this stuff is legit. I totally accept that men have problems. But there is too much female and marriage bashing going on on those forums. There is a whole lot of women are the enemy stuff going on.

It doesn't take into account that there are good women on this planet and that not every one with a vagina will screw them over. It makes me sad because I know guys who are in happy, loving marriages and I want what they have for these poor bitter men that have been hurt.

I know not everyone wants to get married and that's fine. But the top thread in the L&D section of voice for men is keep educating ALL MEN NOT TO MARRY which to me seems extreme. Let individual men make their own minds up. It's like the total opposite extreme of enforced priestly celibacy.

But turning on women isn't the answer. Everyone seems so divided and angry and aggressive towards each other these days.

Last edited by hurtloam on 13 Aug 2017, 3:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 3:30 pm

I don't think there is enough attention given to the causes of suicide among the elderly. Most studies of suicide focus on young people, but the elderly are equally, if not more vulnerable. I knew older people who were devastated following the loss of a spouse, friend or pet, sometimes all in a short period of time. Often seniors are lonelier and more isolated than other groups.

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Aug 2017, 6:48 am

That is not an unpopular opinion, just that a lot of people treat the elderly like they are invisible.

But I care. A lot.
(My username is "tongue in cheek" BTW)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 9:34 am

I agree. It's very sad. The suicide rate among elderly men, 75+, is actually the highest of any group. I think the situation among the elderly is especially acute because they have so much more to lose and their health grows increasingly frail. They also, as you say, tend to be forgotten and isolated.

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Oct 2017, 3:48 pm

People are entitled to think anything they want, even if is sexist racist or homophobic, but what they can't do is use it to harm or persecute other human beings, and if they do they must be stopped. In a way commensurate with the force of their attack.

Personally I think these prejudices are irrational, and could be classed as personality disorders. They obviously are not well. Let's get them in front of shrinks when they get nasty.

But I care. A lot.
(My username is "tongue in cheek" BTW)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 7:55 pm

I couldn't watch more than 20 seconds of Rick and Morty without becoming completely disgusted and bored.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 4:13 am

Conservatism is oppression, especially for non-neurotypicals, the LGBT community, non-Caucasians, and pretty much every other minority group. No one who belongs to one of these groups should in their right mind endorse or support conservatism.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 9:25 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Conservatism is oppression, especially for non-neurotypicals, the LGBT community, non-Caucasians, and pretty much every other minority group. No one who belongs to one of these groups should in their right mind endorse or support conservatism.

I believe that someone who is not an NT cishet white Christian male can choose to adopt a conservative political vantage point. I won't criticise them for it, but I will criticise conservatism. There are many conservatives who are genuinely racist/homophobic/transphobic and there are those who are centre-right and tend to support freedom of expression while criticising the offensive vitrol some on their general political wing spew.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

fiber bundle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2017, 11:30 pm

There are two genders. :mrgreen:

Luna035
Raven
Raven

22 Oct 2017, 4:01 am

[quote="fuelred"]What are some of your unpopular opinions?

Here are some of mine:
- I don't care for video games
¥¥¥ I like The Elder Scrolls games.
- I don't like Adventure Time
¥¥¥ Never heard of that game.
- I don't have any desire to ever shoot a gun
¥¥¥ I would like to do this.
- I don't care for star wars or star trek
¥¥¥ I like Star Trek with picard because the dialogue is interesting and the series always focuses on ethics.
- I don't care for lord of the rings
¥¥¥ I am tired of watching it.
- I don't think satan did anything wrong in the bible.
¥¥¥
- I don't believe in god.
¥¥¥
- I don't care about sports.
¥¥¥ I hate sports.