Page 89 of 137 [ 2186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 137  Next

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 9:12 am

Today's "romance" novels have nothing remotely romantic in them. They have always been boring, formulaic and poorly written, but today's novels are nothing but trashy.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 9:12 am

Today's "romance" novels have nothing remotely romantic in them. They have always been boring, formulaic and poorly written, but today's novels are nothing but trashy.

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Nov 2017, 10:24 am

Another: it isn't an NT's job to accommodate your way of being, any more than you should accommodate theirs.

Another:
Many women raise their sons according to society then wonder why society isn't better for women.
Stop mollycoddling your sons. You will be the one to teach them respect for women, by respecting yourself, and demanding he does the same.
YOU are his archetype for women. And if the father is an obstacle to that, finish with him. Your child is more important than any man. I say that as a man.

But I care. A lot.
(My username is "tongue in cheek" BTW)

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 11:23 am

If you’re against abortion, you should be against the death penalty and guns.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 1:41 pm

While I believe people can actually have a male or female body and have the opposite gender brain, I still don't believe in the non binary stuff. I have not seen any proof yet that it actually exists like science has proven make and female brains actually do exist and it's not the body that determines your gender. I don't understand the male and female feeling. I have never felt anything. I have always felt me and did stuff I enjoyed and it didn't matter if it was girly or boyish. I never thought about not identifying as none female and none male because I have a female body so that is what I am. I just don't buy the non binary stuff people have made up. Or are they those people that were born with male parts but were born with a female body (I forget what that condition is called) or born with a male body but they actually have ovaries while on the outside they have a penis? I am curious what happens to them during puberty. But wouldn't they still have a male or female brain?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 3:11 pm

League_Girl wrote:
While I believe people can actually have a male or female body and have the opposite gender brain, I still don't believe in the non binary stuff. I have not seen any proof yet that it actually exists like science has proven make and female brains actually do exist and it's not the body that determines your gender. I don't understand the male and female feeling. I have never felt anything. I have always felt me and did stuff I enjoyed and it didn't matter if it was girly or boyish. I never thought about not identifying as none female and none male because I have a female body so that is what I am. I just don't buy the non binary stuff people have made up. Or are they those people that were born with male parts but were born with a female body (I forget what that condition is called) or born with a male body but they actually have ovaries while on the outside they have a penis? I am curious what happens to them during puberty. But wouldn't they still have a male or female brain?

Well, some people may not feel comfortable with their assigned gender, but not comfortable as the opposite gender either. They may experience dysphoria that makes them want to have no gendered body parts. Or they may experience fluctuating dysphoria, so one day they feel okay with their assigned gender and the next they are uncomfortable with it (genderfluid). The reason you haven't experienced it is probably because you're comfortable with your gender (you're cis). Gender isn't just about conforming to gender roles, it's more complicated than that. And just because there's no scientific "proof" for it doesn't mean it isn't real. Like we haven't found the cause for autism yet, but autism is definitely a real thing.

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Nov 2017, 6:13 pm

Some of us get irrational over rejection

We overreact to get attention

We expect the world to mould itself to our plan, and if it doesn't, we jump up and down like kids.

But I care. A lot.
(My username is "tongue in cheek" BTW)

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 5:11 pm

I couldn't give a damn about Prince Harry's engagement.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 2:06 pm

I finally watched the movie Frozen not long ago, and thought it was pretty good.

I liked the Dreamworks Trolls movie, too.

They weren't the best animated movies I've seen, but they're a far cry from being the worst.

I don't believe Walt Disney was any more sexist, racist, or anti-jewish than most American white males were back in that era (and many still are now).

I don't understand why people say it's not true that autistic people don't feel they need to be in love or have a love interest, as if that was a *bad* thing. :P

I think online dating websites are stupid and creepy.

I don't get why people want me to not just believe in a god, but love and worship a god cursed all women to have excruciatingly painful childbirth as punishment for eating a fruit, drowned children, infants, and animals in a global flood, raped and impregnated a woman who was already married, and then later let his son be brutally murdered just so he could basically send everyone in the world on a huge guilt trip.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 11:14 pm

Cyclists think too highly of themselves just because they ride bicycles wherever they go and believe that traffic laws don't apply to them.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 10:21 am

I am sick of the American athletes' trashy mouths at this year's Winter Olympics. I want to see an athlete from my country who is actually excited to represent it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:54 pm

if one is opposed to health care for the working class, then one should be opposed to it for oneself as well. :|

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 11:10 pm

Dating sites are a waste of time and money.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 10:32 am

NTs that don't have a degree or doctorate in autism should not work with autistic people. All because they took a night class, binge watch Big Bang Theory even though Sheldon doesn't have autism in the first place and have a neighbor with an autistic five year old does not mean they went to school for autism and understand it. All they know is a stereotype.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 10:00 pm

Everyone should mind their own business.

That one always pisses people off.
blows my mind.

I am a Bookwyrm.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 11:51 pm

in the old days of olde, burping and farting at the dinner table were considered a compliment to the cook. I think they oughta bring back that practice.