Do people consider you mature or immature?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do people consider you mature or immature?
Most people consider me more immature than people of my age; 72%  72%  [ 42 ]
Most people consider me as mature as people of my age; 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Most people consider me more mature than people of my age. 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 58

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2012, 12:45 pm

I am interested in this topic, since I saw many people on this forum claiming that people tend to consider them immature. About me, most of the people I've known in my life tend to consider me more immature than peers, not only socially, but in every aspect of my life. Even those who entered my room, said that it's weird seeing toys in the room of a teenager like me. Some people say that it's related to ASD, but I'm not really sure about it. What about you?

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 2:21 pm

People often think I am younger than I am, and not because of the way I look. I would say the vast majority of people consider me to be immature by close to a decade or more.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 2:23 pm

definitely immature.......

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 2:34 pm

It seems immaturity can mean different things to different people. Some consider it being irresponsible or not being able to control your emotions, and some consider it hanging on to child-like ways of thinking.

I consider myself a responsible person, at least when it comes to taking care of other people or animals, but not always when it comes to looking after my own well-being.

I can be immature or childlike in other ways, however. Or some people would consider it eccentric.

When my daughter and grand kids were little, I loved getting them toys for Christmas because I love toys. I wanted to make the kids happy of course, but I got to play with the toys too.

I like to make my living room into a winter wonderland at Christmas. I bring out my dolls and elves and toy soldiers, little houses and snowman ornaments. I would like to have multiple Christmas trees if I could afford it and had the space, complete with little villages and trains running through the whole thing. I love playing with building toys like Lincoln logs and marble runs. I know this is childish, but I don't care. Its fun.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 2:53 pm

It depends on who I'm with. Some people who only judge me on my clumsiness, horrible reaction time, and sometimes-awkward interactions see me as immature. However, all of my closest friends (especially those who match me in terms of intelligence/creativity) and people who know me in terms of my work in the ASD community tend to view me as really mature.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 8:28 am

I can 'act' mature enough to stop people from 'seeing' the child trapped inside of me - Jeez I'm good!

Most of the time anyway.

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

espeon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Sep 2015, 12:13 am

i seem to give off bad first impressions, but good lasting impressions. i guess im initially seen as immature 'cause im easily misunderstood to people who don't know me, but people seem to think im pretty okay after getting to know me.

well, now that i think about it more, the people who know me seem to comment on both sides. sometimes i have the maturity of a five year old, but ultimately im actually really mature when it comes to stuff that matters.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 1:27 am

More immature behavior, I think.

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 1:24 pm

More immature for my age.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 1:29 pm

Most people think I'm a clown.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 1:34 pm

I think it's very context-dependent for me.

In social situations I can often seem immature, but when it comes to dealing with overly emotional people at my workplace, working hard or independently on a project, finding solutions to problems, or such the like I sometimes am told I am pretty mature about it.

Agustin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Sep 2015, 1:35 pm

Well then, let me tell what people consider me if I'm mature or immature.

When I'm not 'behaving' like what I'm supposed to behave like, not only am I told that I'm immature, I'm told to grow up, behave like a man, and put down for it. When I'm behaving maturely in whatever situation, I'm told that I'm trying too hard and to settle down like as if I was trying to dominate everyone else and also put down for it, and to behave like a normal man.

Neurotypicals and their ridiculous constant high expectations, they're never pleased with anything no matter what.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 2:00 pm

Both. It really depends on who the person is and what my mood is and how I am coming off as and what they mean by immature and mature.

To my husband immature means doing drugs and going out partying and not wanting to work and just wanting to party and you spend your money on stuff than on bills first so to him I am mature, not immature because I do not do these things.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 6:02 pm

People think I'm more mature in someways like I like to research autism and stuff like that but then think I'm more immature in someways like I play with dolls and stuff like that.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 9:54 am

That's a tough question for me. My mother has said she thinks I am immature for my age, but I have been told by many other people that I am more mature than others my age. I guess in some ways, I am less mature, but people have said that I'm an "old soul" and I always feel that I have more in common with people that are older than I am.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

04 Sep 2015, 9:57 am

Probably immature, I'm not that young anymore and I fail at being an adult.