Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2012, 2:28 pm

Help! I've started to get a sensory in one of my nipples, this never used to happen and it's been two days, worse at night to be touched or even fabric rubbing. I know that pain/sensitivity is common with hormones or sometimes stress but I heard that pain on one side only can mean more serious problems. Is that just a typical thing of the Internet only ever giving you the information to scare you, or could it really be an indication of something worse?
Really hoping to set my mind at age!

Ps there is NO possibility that its due to pregnancy!

Melangey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Sep 2016, 4:57 pm

You really should see a doctor if it continues. It sounds like hormones but there are other possibilities...

Have you changed your laundry detergent? I did and I started getting sensitivity all over. A new bra might also do that, or, if you don't wear bras then something else you wore. I'm pretty much an all-cotton kind of girl, because anything else bothers me. Even some cotton clothing bothers me.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2016, 9:40 pm

PixieXW wrote:
Help! I've started to get a sensory in one of my nipples, this never used to happen and it's been two days, worse at night to be touched or even fabric rubbing. I know that pain/sensitivity is common with hormones or sometimes stress but I heard that pain on one side only can mean more serious problems. Is that just a typical thing of the Internet only ever giving you the information to scare you, or could it really be an indication of something worse?
Really hoping to set my mind at age!

Ps there is NO possibility that its due to pregnancy!

You should see a doctor. A mammogram/ultrasound might be in order, as well as a check of your prolactin, estrogen, and progesterone. Because estrogen and progesterone levels have different normal values at different points in a woman's menstrual cycle, you will need to know what day of your cycle it is when the test is performed. Day 1 is the first day of menstruation.