Page 2 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 4:07 am

MDD123 wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
muscle shirts?

They're both worn for exercise purposes , and they are both worn out of the gym to show off sexually attractive parts )to the opposite sex) of the body.

Do chicks wear them to the gym for the same purposes, or for exercise (generally speaking,though personal input is appreciated as well.)?

Like it's funny this young Muslim lady was all decked out in a long scarf and loose tee, but the first thing i noticed was her big fat...well, you can use your imagination lol.

Idk is this would be in the adult section, but it's just a culture thing, not too explicit.

btw do they sell yoga pants for men too? so as not to sound sexist,which I completely don't mean to.

I think dressing is more of an NT's game. There's a whole situational aspect to it. Guys can just walk around shirtless at the house unless there are unfamiliar people showing up, then it's a gray area. I figure spandex biking shorts would be the equivalent as long as you
1. Have a nice butt.
2. stay within arms reach of an actual bicycle (or maybe just a helmet )
Some women might like it, some might say "you've gotta leave something to the imagination" (I eavesdrop a lot by the way)

As for whether or not women wear yoga pants to seem attractive. I don't think too many are going to admit to the practice. But I don't think too many walk out of the house in anything they haven't double checked previously for presentability.

Yep. I dunno, dressing is hard to figure out. I've gone to the gym wearing dress pants and a polo shirt before and done clean and jerks in them. Needless to say, I don't know "situationally appropriate" clothes too well.

matchalatte
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Dec 2012, 4:43 am

MDD123 wrote:
I think dressing is more of an NT's game.

MDD123 wrote:
As for whether or not women wear yoga pants to seem attractive. I don't think too many are going to admit to the practice. But I don't think too many walk out of the house in anything they haven't double checked previously for presentability.

I don't think it's as much about being NT as it is about considering the social ramifications of how one presents themselves. NTs are naturally more inclined towards being social so it's more obvious in their considerations, but I think it's reasonable for anyone to want to present themselves as clean, neat, and dressed appropriately for the venue they're in. Having some consideration for these things makes people feel more comfortable with us, more attracted to us (both as friends or as lovers), and less apprehensive towards approaching us.

Since I've gotten older and my hypersensitivity became easier to deal with, I've been able to wear nicer things and have noticed people respond better to me when I do. Though I initially thought of that as superficial and shallow, I came to believe that though at times it may very well be, other times it's really more of an instinct that tells them whether someone is safe for them to be around or not. It is a very animal inclination, but if you think about it, you feel more comfortable around people like you, right? It's not that you necessarily judge or hate people who aren't like you, it's just that you're comfortable with yourself so people like you...that comfort extends to them, too.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 6:03 pm

1000Knives wrote:
Yep. I dunno, dressing is hard to figure out. I've gone to the gym wearing dress pants and a polo shirt before and done clean and jerks in them. Needless to say, I don't know "situationally appropriate" clothes too well.

Lol, I do the opposite of that. I wear gym clothes, hiking boots, and a huge coat over my backpack all day. It rains a lot where I live, so I have to adapt to keep my feet dry, plus I hit up the gym before and after school. I pay for it at school though, a lot of people there dress way better than me.

matchalatte wrote:
Having some consideration for these things makes people feel more comfortable with us, more attracted to us (both as friends or as lovers), and less apprehensive towards approaching us.

I can't say I personally pick up on style deviations, but I also know better than to go out in khakis, pants with "tapered" legs, or hawaiian shirts, because of the feedback I get. There's definitely a range of acceptable attire for guys in my demographic.

matchalatte
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Dec 2012, 10:25 pm

MDD123 wrote:
I can't say I personally pick up on style deviations, but I also know better than to go out in khakis, pants with "tapered" legs, or hawaiian shirts, because of the feedback I get. There's definitely a range of acceptable attire for guys in my demographic.

That gave me a funny picture! :P

I think it's important to know how people will receive how you dress. This is because it's very unpleasant to, on top of being made fun of, to not expect that might happen. This isn't to say conformism is better. At the end of the day, it's a personal choice -- and one that sometimes must be made in accordance with whatever one's individual needs are (i.e. if they're hypersensitive, allergic to things, have to wear certain garments for health reasons, etc.).

Personally, I dressed in many different ways in high school. Some days, teachers would compliment me on the pants suit I was wearing, other days, the principal would tell me to take off my spiked collar because it's considered a weapon and wasn't allowed in school (understandably, that only happened once because then I wasn't allowed). People made fun of me, but they did anyway...all the time...and about things that didn't even make any sense -- not that making fun of me for what I was wearing made sense, but the other things made even less sense to me. Through a mixture of being a bit too socially naive to notice every time it was happening and too much of a free-thinker to care what they thought, I made it through fairly intact. All of that experience being made fun of, and I still don't understand why people would make fun of anyone, though. Most cruelty is beyond me, though...

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 2:30 am

John_Browning wrote:
Leggings, skinny jeans, and yoga pants should require an application and license to wear...or at least proof of ownership of a large mirror. They are worn as stand alone pants here all the time. It seems that people forget that the stretchy fabric is not one solid substance and one size does not fit all, which at times can be amusing and other times it's very, very disturbing.

Skinny jeans are a paradox: if you look good in them you don't need them; if you are trying to look slimmer in them, you are probably not fooling anybody. Fat cannot compress like air and has to go somewhere-often creating a disproportionately huge butt and skinny legs, a lot like a Despicable Me character.

Almost no one looks good in skinny jeans. It's hard to understand the thought processes of most people who wear skinny jeans.

IrishTusk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2012, 12:10 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
Almost no one looks good in skinny jeans. It's hard to understand the thought processes of most people who wear skinny jeans.

Men in skinny Jeans "Girls wear these! So they must like them! Let's wear salmon pink ones!" Or "I'm not quite ready to admit am gay but I'll drop hints."

Girls in Skinny jeans "These make me look skinny! Buy all jeans!"

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 1:58 pm

IrishTusk wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:

Men in skinny Jeans "Girls wear these! So they must like them! Let's wear salmon pink ones!" Or "I'm not quite ready to admit am gay but I'll drop hints."

Girls in Skinny jeans "These make me look skinny! Buy all jeans!"

I had forgotten that men wear skinny jeans too. Yuck.

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2012, 2:33 pm

Urgh, yes another downvote for men wearing skinny jeans. Not sure which is worse - too much information or not enough information!

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 7:23 pm

I didn't really know what y'all talking about, I would have thought they would be loose fitting.

The look like spandex to me, which isn't as old as yoga.

I guess if they are comfortable, there are plenty of men who would find this titillating, and I'm not one of them.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2012, 12:58 pm

I'm more of an "I won't show you mine, so don't show me yours" dresser. And if you do show me yours, I'll point and laugh. :P But I do have a fondness for slimmer-fitting jeans--and long, loose tops.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 7:17 pm

I am uncomfortable wearing yoga pants outside of my home because of the BS attitude that the asses of women in yoga pants are public property.

Astonishingly, I didn't think of other people when getting dressed until it started getting to me when dudes would say things to me about my body. So as much as it eats away at me that I do it, I now have a mental checklist when deciding what to wear in order to avoid the attention of some dude twice my age in a frickin grocery store or whatever.

Better than getting so grossed out I have to leave and head home to take ten showers and scream profanities into my pillow.

reneeirena
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Dec 2012, 2:47 am

My yoga pants look like really worn-out dress pants, but they're incredibly comfortable and lots of people have asked where I bought them. I wear them most of the time because I can't stand pants in other materials.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 5:57 am

plenty of tribes in the Amazon have women who walk around naked, or near-naked, all day long, and somehow the men (also naked or near-naked) don't implode and manage to go about their business. If you think that yoga pants are hot, it's because you aren't used to seeing them.

When I was in crew at Oregon State, I frequently walked to practice (like many of my teammates) in bike shorts and a tshirt. It wasn't to attract anyone, though we got lots of stares. but because we needed clothing that wouldn't get caught in the slides of our seats and that would be as cool as possible because rowing is hot work. I rowed because I enjoyed it, not because of the uniform. Guys, it's not about you.

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 6:01 am

I wear yoga pants because either a) I'm doing a sporting activity or b) I'm going to be lying on the sofa watching tv and want to be comfy.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 1:56 pm

Going by responses in this thread, you'd think it never occured to any woman ever to dress in a way that showed off her body. And that every single time a woman puts on a garment that shows off her breasts or butt, it is entirely on accident.

Which is, let's admit it, ridiculous.

We're all aspies here. We tend make decisions without giving much thought to (or understanding) the social impact of those decisions. Including women's (men's too, but the focus of this discussion is women) decisions on what to wear.

But let's not apply our motives (or lack thereof) to the behavior of the population as a whole. There are women out there, very many of them in fact, whose entire wardrobes are selected based on how sexy they think they will look. I'd guess that most women (most men as well but, again, the focus of this discussion is on women) have at least one or two articles of clothing that they like to wear because they believe it makes them more sexually attractive.

Commenting on this phenomenon is not implying that literally everyone participates in it.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 5:55 pm

Yes, the feminazi outcry in this thread is outrageous and over the top. :P