Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

13 Dec 2012, 8:19 pm

Tequila wrote:
Why don't you just buy like a chicken salad wrap or something similar? People need to eat.

Because I don't have enough money to just buy stuff like this. I am on a state disability benefits program that pays a whopping $197/month, and I have to be careful about how much I spend on anything.

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 4:43 am

Yeah cans are good. I've been having cans of gluten free progresso for lunch at work; I just eat it cold right out of the can. Simple.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 5:06 am

I don't know what I'm going to do when my mother is gone. Most of my eating is cold leftovers from the fridge and things that are very simple to cook like a can of soup or ramen noodles.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

14 Dec 2012, 5:30 am

hanyo wrote:
I don't know what I'm going to do when my mother is gone. Most of my eating is cold leftovers from the fridge and things that are very simple to cook like a can of soup or ramen noodles.

This is a startingly accurate description of the dilemma that prompted me to look into whether I was actually disabled.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

14 Dec 2012, 6:46 am

I tend to sometimes eat TOO MUCH, as opposed to too little.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 7:06 am

If I have food available that is easy to prepare or has already been prepared, I can easily eat too much. My problem isn't whether I can eat what is in front of me, but my ability to get that food in front of me in the first place.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 7:17 am

Here is everything I ate yesterday. It did not involve me doing any cooking. I think I didn't eat enough. Because of the chemo and radiation my appetite isn't always good and I actually lost 3-4 pounds in the last week.

For breakfast I had cold leftover liver and a pudding and some cool whip. After getting home from radiation I had some prunes (I got a bag of those recently and was surprised that they actually taste good). For lunch I waited until my mother got home and she made me a can of cream of onion soup. For supper she made tv dinners but I couldn't eat much of mine. Then later I had a carnation instant breakfast. I think I had some flat ginger ale too.

For breakfast today I had some cold leftover tv dinner, an ice cream bar, and some crackers.

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2012, 8:58 am

I am overweight and it turns out that, rather than eating too much, I actually wasn't eating enough. I got given a chart with different sections to tick off every day for each food group and since following that (and eating more than twice as much as I used to) I've lost over 5% of my body weight in 3 months.

Best "diet" ever. :P