Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

b9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 7:50 am

if the penis is banned, then rapists will resort to stabbing vaginas with dildo's instead.
it may be better to surrender their arms, because if they can not hold on to who they are raping, then the victim would have a difficult time in court proving that it was non consensual.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 12:39 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
https://twitter.com/JohnFugelsang/status/279713103250354176

Fnord wrote:
If you all don't like this thread, then why don't you all just stop reading it?

Because making a lame straw man thread does make you immune to criticism. If people don't like something they are free to say it. In fact, if the something is terribly stupid it is our duty to say so. Lest the world be more filled with more terribly stupid things.

For starters. Nobody is asking to outlaw guns. Just to regulate them better. E.g. Cars are a lot more regulated than guns in the US law and they are not designed to kill people. It is time for gun nuts to admit that US gun law is just an experiment that went wrong. Most other countries regulate a bit better.

Second, The rape-penis is not a similar topic. Believe it or not, guns are devices whose main role is killing things. Whether it is animals or people. This is the main difference between a gun and a kitchen knife, or between a gun and a penis. A penis' main role is reproduction. The second role is peeing, the third role is masturbation. Rape is but the thing that the bottom of the bottom of outcasts do.

Third, this is not funny and it is actually quite awful. Such a bad humour is not worth the risk of triggering rape memories.

+1

Plus, penis occurs in nature, guns don't.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm

Vexcalibur and ScrewyWabbit, I couldn't have worded it better myself. There are rape victims on this forum and the whole topic is COMPLETELY inappropriate and downright cruel. This thread should be deleted.

Anyone want to make a joke about victims of paedophillia while you're at it?

AspieOtaku wrote:
smudge wrote:
This isn't funny.
I agree it smells of misandry I may as well start a thread to ban the vagina..but I wont I'm better than that.I kinda feel offended but I probably shouldn't since I'm a guy my opininions obviously don't matter.

Not just misandry. It's making a cheap joke out of rape itself. It's digusting.

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2012, 3:16 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
https://twitter.com/JohnFugelsang/status/279713103250354176

Fnord wrote:
If you all don't like this thread, then why don't you all just stop reading it?

Because making a lame straw man thread does make you immune to criticism. If people don't like something they are free to say it. In fact, if the something is terribly stupid it is our duty to say so. Lest the world be more filled with more terribly stupid things.

For starters. Nobody is asking to outlaw guns. Just to regulate them better. E.g. Cars are a lot more regulated than guns in the US law and they are not designed to kill people. It is time for gun nuts to admit that US gun law is just an experiment that went wrong. Most other countries regulate a bit better.

Second, The rape-penis is not a similar topic. Believe it or not, guns are devices whose main role is killing things. Whether it is animals or people. This is the main difference between a gun and a kitchen knife, or between a gun and a penis. A penis' main role is reproduction. The second role is peeing, the third role is masturbation. Rape is but the thing that the bottom of the bottom of outcasts do.

Third, this is not funny and it is actually quite awful. Such a bad humour is not worth the risk of triggering rape memories.

I agree with all of that.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 3:43 pm

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
I've read articles saying that America is the only nation where men are raped more than women, on account of prisons and improper protocol. I support a zero tolerance stance - people who do those kinds of crimes should be chemically castrated to lower testosterone levels and prevent further damages.

My BIL is doing life with parole. He's block daddy. Everybody knows and it is talked about.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 3:45 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
My BIL is doing life with parole. He's block daddy. Everybody knows and it is talked about.

Is this "the daddy" in the sense of Scum usage?

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 3:46 pm

Thread has been reported, sorry Olive

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 3:47 pm

Well then dear god lets ban everything except the oh sweetie its ok type of posts!

And who are you to say I've never had that done when I said no? More than you can f*****g guess.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 3:49 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Well then dear god lets ban everything except the oh sweetie its ok type of posts!

And who are you to say I've never had that done when I said no? More than you can f***ing guess.

You strike me as the sort of person that's probably been through an awful lot.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 4:40 pm

Tequila wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

And who are you to say I've never had that done when I said no? More than you can f***ing guess.

You strike me as the sort of person that's probably been through an awful lot.

I have baby. And I'm here alive to show what i've been through.

I've been beat up, shot at (and that apparantly doesn't stop when you're old) ran over with a VW bug (yeah I know but still it counts as being run over by a car) and yes, I've been had sex with people I've said no to. Thats not a huge thing to me, fine, he did that, whatever. Either I'm not that sensitive or I don't know what to do.

Last edited by OliveOilMom on 15 Dec 2012, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 4:42 pm

spongy wrote:
Thread has been reported, sorry Olive

You're sorry?

I don't get most of you. How can you all be so selfish?

OOM: So because *you're* OK with it, and if *you've* been through it...that means anyone else who isn't oh so hard like you are is too sensitive. BS.

It's OK for *you*, but not to others who don't have that "hardness" (or attention-seeking mentality).

This thread is basically saying, "Oh look at me, but you can't blame me for being horrible as I've been through it myself". How convenient.

Don't like it? Don't read it. Again, how convenient.

Utnapishtim
Raven
Raven

15 Dec 2012, 5:00 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Given that certain varieties of sarcasm are over the heads of a significant subset of PPR readers, I'd like to spell out what the OP is attempting to do.

The OP is trying to satirize or perhaps reductio ad absurdum proponents of firearm regulation.The theme is that increased firearm regulation is "punishing responsible gun owners" in the same way that "penis removal" punishes "responsible penis-bearing men".

The satire (implicitly) references the "ban guns" proponents as opposed to the "keep available, but more tightly regulate" variety.

The satire also ignores a lot of disanalogies (confiscating or preventing ownership of semi-automatics is a bit different of a removal than having your penis chopped off), but I guess that's the nature of the beast of political satire.

An amusing unintended consequence of this satiric analogy is that it bolsters the pop Freudian idea that "firearms = penises" in the unconscious mind of gun-loving males.

Ok if this was satire about firearm regulation, when is it good taste to make light of rape and genital mutilation?

Now about sarcasm: the word comes from the ancient Greek σαρκάζειν "to tear flesh"!
Plus Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe once said about it and I'll quote "Sarcasm is not the rapier of wit its wielders seem to believe it to be, but merely a club: it may, by dint of brute force, occasionally raise bruises, but it never cuts or pierces."

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 6:14 pm

Well, I actually expained it, but THAT POST WAS REMOVED!! !!

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 6:16 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Well, I actually expained it, but THAT POST WAS REMOVED!! !!

because you were attacking the other members in the post. You've been through a lot, but that doesn't mean you can curse at others and tell them to grow the f**k up. The TOS apply to you, as well.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

15 Dec 2012, 6:22 pm

...and clearly, we're done here.

OOM, it was a good attempt at satire but in the end, too many people didn't get it - and now the thread's OP is resorting to attacks, it's time to put it to sleep.