Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

NAKnight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2012, 12:17 am

I'm looking to move into my first apartment in about 6 months. That's my goal. I'm looking at buying a car here within the next 3 months, save up for another 3 months and then move out. I'm looking at moving into a one bedroom apartment.

Is there anything I should know before I make any action? Any advice for someone new to apartment?

Best Regards,

Jake

kittygirl0811
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Dec 2012, 12:28 am

know you're rights with your new apartment. I'd expect that if certain things in the apartment broke down that the landlord is responsible. This would become important if something needs to be fixed.

Also, when you live alone, you're responsible for everything from rent to feeding yourself to cleaning the apartment to any other bills.

I also found myself getting lonely. I recommend having a social outlet. This would be difficult for any aspie but, I think, it's important.

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 1:18 am

look at reviews of the complex and look up the crime statistics for the area. Consider what type of buildings are in the area, is it all residential, are there stores near by, are there bars near by? what is traffic going to be like getting to and from your apartment? will the hot water heater get you through a shower in the winter? how fast are repairs in the apartment (maintenance)? look at the actual unit you will live in, and not a model unit. Will you have laundry in unit? in the complex? or at a coin laundry else where? How are the buildings lit, are there lots of lights at night? How is parking, is it free, are there enough spaces?

this is just a meandering of questions I have come to consider when looking at apartments.