wtfid2 wrote:
are you posting that on your wall?

Who were you talking to?

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 5:09 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

That's a funny picture. Yea, I was kind of wondering if that was the response I would get.

This is what feels most natural to me though, and I'm really tired of working my ass off to chase girls I barely know, and then find out I don't like them after I put in a lot of effort. I did similar things when I was younger and it didn't work, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try again.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 5:11 pm

Well thanks guys. I think I won't post a note about this.

I think a lot of you didn't even bother to read it though. Your comments don't make any sense.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 5:15 pm

Richardf269 wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
are you posting that on your wall?

Who were you talking to?
shameless git lol who else?

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 5:36 pm

I think you are two of the people who did not even bother to read it carefully

Entek wrote:
A relationship is something that you WANT, that you are prepared to WORK at, that should be a BALANCE between 2 people's interests, hobbies and hardships. Your advert seems a little like you want someone to sell you a sofa?

ShamelessGit wrote:
My idea of the responsibilities of a relationship are:
1.You try your damdest to satisfy your partner.
2.You make things as easy as you can for your partner to do #1.

What do you think this quote above means, if not that relationships are a balance between 2 people's interests?

I can't tell the person what I'm willing to do for #1 because I don't know who is going to read the ad. I can only do #2. I sort of try to do #1 in the below paragraph.

ShamelessGit wrote:
I am kind of like a puppy in that I am either taking care of bodily functions like eating and sleeping, or I am trying to entertain myself. I do not care much about how the entertainment is accomplished. So if you are interested in meeting me, then probably the easiest way for you to do it would be to introduce one of your interests to me. I will gladly participate in any physical activity apart from dancing, and any discussion about philosophy, religion, politics, or whatever, and I would be estatic if you are a nerdy math/physics girl and you could talk nerdy to me. Feeding me is also a good way to make me very happy.

I thought my Ad was sort of a long way of saying that so long as you aren't a b***h, then I'll dissolve my personality to suit your needs. I thought it was actually quite conciliatory. Maybe people don't see this because women are used to doing whatever they want and men bending over backwards to please them, so when you see one who sets some standards for the people whose asses he's willing to kiss, it sounds like he's expecting a lot.

A different guy said this:

Mindslave wrote:
You are making it too much about you and what you want. The point isn't for her to submit to you. Even if you don't mean to, that's how it comes across. If she answers your ad and submits to you like what you are asking, she will act like a pampered child, which is what you are explicitly not asking for. This needs some major touching up, consistency-wise.

I don't even understand how expecting a lot from them can lead to them acting pampered. I thought it was the other way around. I don't even think I was expecting so much. Basically these are the bare minimum requirements for a relationship. I don't think I could manage a relationship where a girl didn't do these things. And this list is a lot less demanding than the lists that girls make for their ideal boyfriend. Maybe I could make my ad shorter by saying this:

Tell me what you f*****g want so that I can do it
Share your interests with me
Don't be an idiot
Be female
Don't be ugly

Actually, I'm thinking that list might be superior to the Ad I just posted. I really don't see how this is demanding at all.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 5:46 pm

This sort of ad is the only thing that feels natural to me. I'm so sick of pretending to be a NT and pretending like I'm attracted to every pair of tits and p**** that has a pulse. I don't want to flirt with every single girl and approach hundreds a day. Every girl acts like I'm attracted to her by default, so she makes me put in an enormous amount of effort to try to get her, and often after I get to the point where it might be appropriate to ask her out, I find that I don't even like her. I think some of you guys act like I'm a dog at the pound and I should be grateful for any woman who's willing to let me lick her feet. Apart from being female, 18, and having a libido, I could have met all the standards when I was 10. They are not high standards.

I'll accept that my ad weird and I won't post it. I don't have any sense for what other people find strange, and if you guys find it strange, then I'd imagine the NT would think so as well.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 5:51 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
Too long, too abstract, and TMI. What if a corporation did ads like that? Who would buy the product? Include a nice picture and a few funny or interesting statements about yourself. Done.

I always thought ads like that were stupid

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Dec 2012, 6:59 pm

I definitely agree with you. Your ad looks fine to me. You're just a regular human being stating what he wants in a relationship. Hell, I'm of the same opinion as you are. I wouldn't want a "princess", I'd want a partner who'd be willing to be with me for me, not me pampering her. What's so hard to understand that?

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 7:39 pm

I don't see anything different about his ad than the ads most women I see post about exact super specific things they want in a guy.

More guys should do this just to turn the tables.

MariaMosum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Dec 2012, 8:04 pm

You should not rely on this ad. It would be good if you could find a girlfriend by yourself to avoid any regrets at the end.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 8:15 pm

why does that girl jessicella keep deleting her damned threads?

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 8:21 pm

ShamelessGit wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
Too long, too abstract, and TMI. What if a corporation did ads like that? Who would buy the product? Include a nice picture and a few funny or interesting statements about yourself. Done.

I always thought ads like that were stupid

I'm sorry if I sounded mean. I think I was mean in a couple of my responses. Please don't take it personally.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 1:00 am

wtfid2 wrote:
why does that girl jessicella keep deleting her damned threads?

This aint a dating site.
Someone else has decided to remove her two threads and point her out where the elegible odd bobs thread is

Tias
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 11:44 am

That people are already helping someone immature as you is too much.

You want a girlfriend without having to work hard?

Oh man, i want to be rich, i want a lot of money, BUT I DON*T WANT TO WORK HARD FOR IT.

In other words you're a lazy person is what we can conclude from this. Do you honestly think everything you want will just randomly fall into your lap? *sigh*

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 11:56 am

Tias wrote:
That people are already helping someone immature as you is too much.

You want a girlfriend without having to work hard?

Oh man, i want to be rich, i want a lot of money, BUT I DON*T WANT TO WORK HARD FOR IT.

In other words you're a lazy person is what we can conclude from this. Do you honestly think everything you want will just randomly fall into your lap? *sigh*

I don't see why companionship must be earned. Friends should be your friends because they appreciate you as a person. Not because you've somehow "earned" one. And I don't see how expecting a girlfriend or wife is the same as wanting a lot of money or being rich. It's a common expectation of being human, the analogical equivalent is "I'd like a good job that pays me enough to survive and I'd like to not hate every second of it."

Besides, girls post all kinds of unrealistic crap in their dating profiles. Like wanting guys with jobs, cars, when they're unemployed living at home. I don't get why everyone's sh*****g on him for doing this as a man.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 2:20 pm

1000Knives wrote:
Besides, girls post all kinds of unrealistic crap in their dating profiles. Like wanting guys with jobs, cars, when they're unemployed living at home. I don't get why everyone's sh*****g on him for doing this as a man.

Yes, some girls do and people will equally be sh*****g on them for that too I believe.

BUT

I think he should post the ad on facebook. Might get a positive response, you never know.
People might think he's delusional but you gotta take some risk, right?