Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2012, 1:11 am

any men here every had an ''alpha'' male friend. I had one ''alpha'' male friend.

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2012, 2:04 am

I have an "alpha" female friend. She's a veritable social butterfly. It's the best friendship I've ever had because she introduced me to so many people I wouldn't have otherwise met. I was the maid of honor for her wedding and we're still close.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

22 Dec 2012, 3:22 am

Yep, usually have one. Guess I'm a b***h of sorts. lol i'm 100% straight though. It's usually some very alpha black guy who takes me along with him to help expand his appeal to white women. I don't mind at all because I tend to learn a lot in these situations.

Glowz44
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2013, 4:44 am

I definitely am glad to be friends with an "Alpha Male", or infact it was a few "Alpha Male's" that brought me into there group, i've met people, even though we got up to some mischeif it was still good, and have given me the chance to experience things that i would never have thought i would be able to do.

muff
Toucan
Toucan

05 Mar 2013, 11:26 pm

i have just one.

dont think ive ever had another though.

too scary.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 11:35 pm

I had met some really funny guys in Boy Scouts who could be counted as alpha males, and I helped an alpha sort of guy with homework in my freshman year. We are very different, but we respect each other.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2013, 8:07 am

I don't think alpha males really exist in this day and age. But I think I know what context the OP meant, basically popular, in good shape and knows a lot of women.

muff
Toucan
Toucan

06 Mar 2013, 6:42 pm

minervx wrote:
I don't think alpha males really exist in this day and age. But I think I know what context the OP meant, basically popular, in good shape and knows a lot of women.

i have to disagree. i think that this animalistic quality of being compelled to be virile and perpetuate your genes still exists today. biblically, one could relate the urge to original sin, meaning we know better as conscious, self-aware humans not to brutalize each other just to fulfill our obligation to creation. in todays world, i believe it manifests in more sinister ways. everything is always a 'pissing constest,' if youll pardon me for using the expression. freudian components may come into play as it relates to 'over compensation.' to be honest, i feel as though many of my interactions at work are related to 'power' such as the patriarchy or 'male dominance.' i 'feel' like im a weaker one in the pack that surrounds me. of course, it is beginning to defy evolution because brains and faith and loyalty and the like are desirable qualities; its not just the 'strong surviving' that is important to our race.

that said, just to say a word about the successful relationship that i have with an alpha male: i think it works as well as it does because i am not viewed as a threat to him.