Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 11:30 pm

Are there points in your life that have seemed to be moments that you look back on and realize you have passed a point in life and there is no going back?

I think I encountered one the other day. I was buying some groceries which included a bottle of wine. The woman ringing up the transaction was perhaps about 25. She jokingly asked if she should ask to see my ID to make sure I was old enough.

It seems I have reached the age where younger people think it's cute to want to card me despite the fact that I'm clearly old enough to buy alcohol. (I have a fair amount of grey hair and probably look older than I actually am). Next they'll be asking if I want the senior citizen's discount. :)

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 1:21 am

I have looked back many times like that and how I missed the milestones my NT peers have experienced-and now that I know why things have been difficult for me. I feel almost like I was cheated in some way.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 1:56 am

jagatai wrote:
Are there points in your life that have seemed to be moments that you look back on and realize you have passed a point in life and there is no going back?

I think I encountered one the other day. I was buying some groceries which included a bottle of wine. The woman ringing up the transaction was perhaps about 25. She jokingly asked if she should ask to see my ID to make sure I was old enough.

It seems I have reached the age where younger people think it's cute to want to card me despite the fact that I'm clearly old enough to buy alcohol. (I have a fair amount of grey hair and probably look older than I actually am). Next they'll be asking if I want the senior citizen's discount. :)

I frequently get senior citizens discounts at certain restaurants.

Actually, their prices with the senior citizens discounts are more like their normal price considering the portion of their customers who are senior citizens.

I don't like those places at all. The only reason I go there is to eat with my oldest brother and his wife since they won't hardly eat anywhere else.

helles
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 6:59 am

Finishing university
Getting the first child
Getting first real job

Those were pretty big milestones for me. Divorce is another one, albeit an unpleasant one.

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2012, 10:17 pm

Radiofixr wrote:
I have looked back many times like that and how I missed the milestones my NT peers have experienced-and now that I know why things have been difficult for me. I feel almost like I was cheated in some way.

Yes, I feel this way as well in the relationship area. I don't like to think about it because it makes me very depressed. Other than that, my big milestones are:

Graduating college
Getting a job
Buying a house

All of those resulted in many doors opening and others closing.

Aspie Score 141 of 200
NT Score 50 of 200