Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Dec 2012, 11:57 pm

What is the best way to lose weight?

Palakol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Dec 2012, 1:32 am

First you need to define "best". Is it "most efficient", "fastest", "healthiest", "most well-liked", etc.

Then you need to elaborate upon what exactly you mean by "losing weight". What exactly is this particular loss of weight for? Is it a temporary, or a long term weight loss? Is it about body composition, or actual numbers on a scale?

Speedy88

31 Dec 2012, 1:47 am

I expect people to deduce what I mean by best, which is the most efficient.

And about losing weight, it doesnt matter if temporary or long term, thats why I dont go into much detail. If you dont understand what I mean exactly then you dont have to vote/comment.

RazorEddie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 11:06 am

The best way is to lower your calorie intake. If you eat less food than your body burns you will lose weight. It isn't the fastest (at least not if you want to do it safely) and quite likely isn't the easiest but it is guaranteed to work.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 11:44 am

Speedy88 wrote:
What is the best way to lose weight?

Three rules:
    1. Eat less.

2. Exercise more.

3. No excuses.
Simple, eh?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 12:20 pm

It's more effective if you incorporate it into your daily routine. If you run or walk to a gym along your way to work, it'll be easier to make a habit out of it (assuming you don't mind getting up early). My main goal at the gym is to feel the burn.

You'll also have to keep your intake in check. I started putting everything I could get on the produce isles (minus corn and potatoes) through a blender, then storing it in a freezer. It's palatable (otherwise I would've stopped doing it) and its filling, so I spend way less on vending machine snacks / fast food. I've replaced my first two meals with this and I'm sitting at 160 or less on any given day (@ 70").

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 Dec 2012, 1:22 pm

None of the poll answers is correct alone.

The correct answer would be a combination of good eating habits, good food education, and correct exercise (both cardio and body fitness).

Charles

Rattus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Dec 2012, 2:43 pm

It's making sure you take in less calories than you burn in a day. It's very hard to do that via exercise, realistically atleast 75% of it needs to be down to diet. Exercise for health, both physical and mental, not weightloss.

Palakol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Dec 2012, 4:08 pm

Speedy88 wrote:

And about losing weight, it doesnt matter if temporary or long term, thats why I dont go into much detail. If you dont understand what I mean exactly then you dont have to vote/comment.

You are posting in a forum created for people with Pervasive Developmental Disorders, of course not everyone is going to "read between the lines" or know exactly what you mean without explanation. That's why we're here.

Also the answer is "None of the above". The most efficient and effective way so far is to cut out starch (and anything that spikes your glycogen) for about a week and sodium for three days, then to take laxatives and diuretics and dehydrate yourself (usually by sweating). Your body is mostly made up of water, and every liter of water that you don't have in your body is one kilogram you don't have on the weighing scale. Of course you put it all back on once you start drinking water. Temporary weight loss.

Or if it's a desperate weight-loss situation where you NEED to lose weight or the aliens will attack or something, you can have an arm or a leg amputated, or all of them. Quick, permanent weight loss.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 4:11 pm

@Palakol: I think that Speedy is looking for serious advice that is both healthy and effective.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 4:15 pm

Just by virtue of regular workouts I managed to lose 17 pounds in the last few months. I've also had a reduced appetite due to depression though.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 4:56 pm

A lot of people make losing weight really complicated, but it can all be broken down to a simple and easy formula!

In - Out = Accumulation

So, make your out greater than your in, and you get weight loss! The in is food you take in, and the out is the energy you burn (as well as other unmentionables...use your imagination ;)). And accumulation is how much weight you gain or lose. Of course in reality things are a bit more complex than that, but I prefer simplification myself!

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 5:04 pm

Stargazer43 wrote:
A lot of people make losing weight really complicated, but it can all be broken down to a simple and easy formula!

In - Out = Accumulation

So, make your out greater than your in, and you get weight loss! The in is food you take in, and the out is the energy you burn (as well as other unmentionables...use your imagination ;)). And accumulation is how much weight you gain or lose. Of course in reality things are a bit more complex than that, but I prefer simplification myself!

Or you eat 500 calories a day and f**k your thyroid hormones up.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 5:20 pm

As I said, the reality is more complex, but it's a good place to start!

RazorEddie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 5:28 pm

Speedy88

31 Dec 2012, 8:17 pm

Palakol wrote:
Speedy88 wrote:

You are posting in a forum created for people with Pervasive Developmental Disorders, of course not everyone is going to "read between the lines" or know exactly what you mean without explanation. That's why we're here.

Also the answer is "None of the above". The most efficient and effective way so far is to cut out starch (and anything that spikes your glycogen) for about a week and sodium for three days, then to take laxatives and diuretics and dehydrate yourself (usually by sweating). Your body is mostly made up of water, and every liter of water that you don't have in your body is one kilogram you don't have on the weighing scale. Of course you put it all back on once you start drinking water. Temporary weight loss.

Or if it's a desperate weight-loss situation where you NEED to lose weight or the aliens will attack or something, you can have an arm or a leg amputated, or all of them. Quick, permanent weight loss.

I dont need and I never asked for any assistance regarding explanation of things here. Thats why I told you that you dont have to post here since you dont contribute much anyway. If you want to make this personal you can PM me and we will continue it then. If not then not.

Thanks everyone else for your advice.