Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 3:38 pm

I know that this may sound absurd, but I don't feel like an aspie today.

I went out last night with some friends, of course they got really drunk and I didn't. They also tend to be a little wierd and crazy.

Now I know as a fact that if I were sober around your typical people my age, I'd stand out.

But I just don't feel that different today.

I donno it's an awkward feeling, I know shortly my bubble is gonna be burst, however at the moment I feel fine.

Anyone else get these feelings.

IWasWrong
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jan 2013, 3:44 pm

Today I feel a lot more compassionate and emotional, due to going through a breakup of my first love. I've also been sleeping better recently, since I no longer look after my child, and that has made feel me a bit less autistic. I don't know, I feel less robot like. I feel more empathetic, and that is helping me get on better with others.

It feels like someone just switched my emotions on.

So I feel ya :)

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 3:49 pm

Why would we feel different in the morning, barring some sort of illness? Do we not wake up and breathe air, do we not eat food?

We have a different neurology that processes information differently, and analyizes it differently. There are other traits that need more research, but we do not wake up differently.

I may have misunderstood the OP's post.

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 4:03 pm

I think part of it may also have been the fact that going into the situation I knew I was different, they were nice people and my weirdness didn't set me apart in fact it made me feel like I belonged. I typically spend my time with nt's fixating on how we were different. In this situation . what mattered to me was how we were the same.

I built on that, something I haven't been doing to be perfectly honest.

I've never even considered it until recently. My typical interactions were fixated on why I was different. I really believe it was a major issue for me. Upon realizing why we were the same things seemed to have a completely different order to it.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 4:15 pm

So what you're saying is more that "I did'nt feel different" today, would that be fair to say?

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 4:17 pm

AgentPalpatine wrote:
So what you're saying is more that "I did'nt feel different" today, would that be fair to say?
I still feel different in a way, I guess what I really mean, is for once in a long time I feel that my differences didn't get in the way of me feeling connected to those around me. Because I was focusing on the threads that bind me to everyone else, not the ones that divide.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 4:42 pm

I've been wondering if some people spend a lot of time in shut-down mode and when out of shut-down mode feel so much more with it and competent.

Growlithe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jan 2013, 5:04 pm

I feel like an Arcanine today!

Too bad I don't have a fire stone

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 5:07 pm

Yes as to me it is the rest of the world that is weird!

Strange critters other humans are....they discombobulate me!

(What a wonderful word that is...'discombobulated'. I came across it recently and it amuses me lol. I want to change my name to Ms_Discombobulated on all my online profiles but some won't let me :cry:)

Then again I am not sure if I have an ASD or not, so my reply may not count for much lol

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 5:50 pm

I like the name "Bumble".

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 6:45 pm

I can easily lose that feeling of 'being an Aspie". All I have to do is stay in my apartment for weeks with my internet connected computer and my cat. I have enough 'social' experience by going through the check out line in the middle of the night at the 24 hour grocery. I only 'feel like an Aspie' when I am around other people. When I am not, I am 'normal.'

funny how that works, eh?

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

01 Jan 2013, 6:56 pm

justkillingtime wrote:
I've been wondering if some people spend a lot of time in shut-down mode and when out of shut-down mode feel so much more with it and competent.

I spend most of my time in varying stages of overload. I have also spent long periods of time in varying degrees of shutdown.

LabPet
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jan 2013, 11:55 am

sinsboldly wrote:
I can easily lose that feeling of 'being an Aspie". All I have to do is stay in my apartment for weeks with my internet connected computer and my cat. I have enough 'social' experience by going through the check out line in the middle of the night at the 24 hour grocery. I only 'feel like an Aspie' when I am around other people. When I am not, I am 'normal.'

That's so right. I'm sure plenty of us experience the same ^

There are times when I'm 'not' in that I function/interact just as anyone else. In fact, my formal manners exceed most neurotypicals so I do have an edge. Plus I look 'normal' so I can be regarded as just a shy person. And that's fine.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 2:15 pm

I always feel like I am on my own planet and there is a wide chasm that separates me from other people. Posting on WP makes me feel connected though.

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 12:20 pm

For a long time i didn't realize that i was as "on my own planet" as i thought.
I thought that others didn't notice.
It's odd since i always knew i was different; kids in school that pick and make fun of me made that obvious, yet i just didn't realize
that i appeared so "out there" sometimes until the past several years and i am 30.
I have no idea how i went through life so clueless at times. It's obvious to other people that i am "different".
I myself know and have always known i'm "different", yet i didn't know it was so obvious.
So when i realized that it's obvious to NTs it kind of blew my mind.
NTs can spot me easily especially if they are talking or trying to talk to me. I either give myself away the minute i open my mouth or
zone out.
I am how i am, i don't mean to be rude to NTs i cannot help how i am. I got to go find my Autism necklace :farao: :nemo: