women, is it true Having a male gynecologist is like going t

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2007, 2:24 pm

Yeah but i could still feel her nails thru the gloves.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2007, 2:35 pm

Oh that's awful :(

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2007, 5:33 pm

I feel horridly exposed in one of those stirrup-chairs anyhow, in my mind having a man on the other end makes it so much worse. I have huge trust issues when it comes to men, especially letting men touch me. (And I don't even mean intimately, for the most part I won't even let male acquaintances touch me on the arm...) I need to trust a guy to him even hug me, so as you can imagine, for me a male gyno would be near impossible. I would need to be sedated.

jonathandoors
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jan 2007, 12:16 am

bizarre wrote:

I hope she didn't insist on a rectal exam

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2007, 9:22 am

jonathandoors wrote:
bizarre wrote:

Considering a rectal exam is not part of a pap smear... that was honestly a useless comment if I ever saw one when it comes to a topic that deals with a woman's experience with a gynecologist... maybe if you were seeing a proctologist it might seem a little more appropriate.

Bizarre, sounds like she obviously needs to be shown how to use nail clippers. :lol:

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 9:12 pm

The interesting thing is, I'm a guy and I hate male physicians, psychologists, and therapists. I'm not to thrilled about female ones either but they are usually more polite and sometimes they distract you from the horrors that are occurring.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 9:13 pm

The interesting thing is, I'm a guy and I hate male physicians, psychologists, and therapists. I'm not to thrilled about female ones either but they are usually more polite and sometimes they distract you from the horrors that are occurring.

jonathandoors
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jan 2007, 9:54 pm

MishLuvsHer2Boys wrote:
jonathandoors wrote:
bizarre wrote:

Considering a rectal exam is not part of a pap smear... that was honestly a useless comment if I ever saw one when it comes to a topic that deals with a woman's experience with a gynecologist... maybe if you were seeing a proctologist it might seem a little more appropriate.

Bizarre, sounds like she obviously needs to be shown how to use nail clippers. :lol:

uh
isn't rectal exam part of a pelvic exam?

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 12:46 pm

jonathandoors wrote:
MishLuvsHer2Boys wrote:
jonathandoors wrote:
bizarre wrote:

uh

Nope, not at all.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 1:52 pm

Can't help myself.... This is one of the greatest Bushisms ever delivered in Missouri on 9/6/04:

"We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their" - there is a pregnant pause, as he gropes for the right word - "their love, with women all across the country."

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 1:54 pm

jonathandoors wrote:
bizarre wrote:

That's a male thing usually. Although, I have had physicians do a fecal occult while they were in the neighborhood. That doesn't involve sticking your finger too far up there though.

jonathandoors
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jan 2007, 3:29 pm

Immortal wrote:
jonathandoors wrote:
MishLuvsHer2Boys wrote:
jonathandoors wrote:
bizarre wrote:

uh

well i'm not going to argue but http://www.sa.psu.edu/uhs/womenshealth/pelvicexam.cfm

" Finally, a rectal exam may also be performed. Still wearing a glove, your health clinician will insert a finger in the vagina while another well-lubricated finger is gently inserted into the rectum. This is done to determine if there are any masses in the anal canal and also to feel the uterus, cervix, and ovaries. Again, try to relax."

I'm just the messenger.

Nope, not at all.

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 5:52 pm

I won't go to a male gyno, and if a female doctor or nurse hurts me, she *will* hear about it, and she won't continue the exam, either. Yes, I have done that. A little bit of pain is normal, but ramming a speculum into me, NO!! :evil:

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 5:57 pm

jonathandoors wrote:
Immortal wrote:
jonathandoors wrote:
MishLuvsHer2Boys wrote:
jonathandoors wrote:
bizarre wrote:

uh

well i'm not going to argue but http://www.sa.psu.edu/uhs/womenshealth/pelvicexam.cfm

" Finally, a rectal exam may also be performed. Still wearing a glove, your health clinician will insert a finger in the vagina while another well-lubricated finger is gently inserted into the rectum. This is done to determine if there are any masses in the anal canal and also to feel the uterus, cervix, and ovaries. Again, try to relax."

I'm just the messenger.

Nope, not at all.

Guess what... the big word is 'may' and I'm 33 and have had pap smears done since before 18 years of age and never had a rectal exam so guess what, you aren't the expert and more likely a pervert I'd think anyways...

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 5:58 pm

jonathandoors wrote:
Immortal wrote:
jonathandoors wrote:
MishLuvsHer2Boys wrote:
jonathandoors wrote:
bizarre wrote:

uh

I'm just the messenger.

Nope, not at all.

It *can* be done, but it is not at all usual, and I've never met a gyno who's done it.

jonathandoors
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jan 2007, 6:46 pm

MishLuvsHer2Boys wrote:
so guess what, you aren't the expert and more likely a pervert I'd think anyways...

FORUM RULES
2. Personal attacks.
This includes insinuation, ridicule and personal insults, regardless of whether direct or indirect. Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable, but attacking the person making the comments is not.

"and more likely a pervert ...."

cross the line and falls under "This includes insinuation, ridicule and personal insults, .... regardless of whether direct or indirect."

Adios.