08 Jan 2013, 5:08 pm

No other comment needed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyKofFih8Y[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-i3Y5iRYo[/youtube]

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 5:33 pm

I actually have to agree with Alex on this one. Context is king.

iBlockhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2013, 5:39 pm

I'm pretty sure this was a set-up for Jones to look like an idiot (which is not hard given how over-the-top he gets). Jones went off on a rant months ago after the Colorado shooting:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8D7vribc5c[/youtube]

I have a hard time believing Morgan didn't know this when they asked Jones on. I think they figured this was going to be an easy interview until Jones actually came with a sheet of data instead of just saying "I've got documents!" like on his show.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 5:43 pm

Lol, its like inviting Michael Savage on. Alex doesn't have a reputation based around an unbreakable calm.

iBlockhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2013, 5:58 pm

I just know about the interview, I don't watch the show. I was right, check out what happened afterwards:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooA50qYt4DY[/youtube]

alex
Developer
Developer

08 Jan 2013, 6:02 pm

If the conspiracies he speaks of actually exist, you'd think the people behind them would want someone like him to appear on TV and act in that manner.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 6:10 pm

alex wrote:
If the conspiracies he speaks of actually exist, you'd think the people behind them would want someone like him to appear on TV and act in that manner.

It could be ingenious on Alex's part as well - ie. hiding cogent arguments in an embellished and deliberate trainwreck to get the 'sex sells' factor going and hence maximize the exposure of his core nugget of theory about 2013/14. He's not the only one suggesting China/Russia conquest and slaughter in the US or wife-auctioning of facebook/twitter brats.

iBlockhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2013, 6:12 pm

alex wrote:

This is actually somewhat more plausible than like every other one, like saying Hurricane Sandy was controlled by the government as a false flag operation, saying thousands of astronauts died during the NASA space program, saying homosexuals are created by the government, saying some people in Mexico get all 4 limbs cut off and kept in a box wearing a diaper, and comparing the movie Machete to Birth of a Nation. Those are just off the top of my head.

Alex Jones's appearance on The View defending Charlie Sheen (It's Media Matters, but just watch the video, it's uncut)

Some people believe Alex Jones is a CIA operative, so there's another level to this :lol:

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 6:14 pm

I'm actually FOR the Second Amendment, but this guy is just an a**hole. I understand those who want to ban guns. It seems like a good idea, especially after a horrific incident like those precious children being murdered. It just doesn't work. Suicide bombers kill that many children easily. Idiots would just get better at using other means of mass destruction. Sick people exist in this world, people bent on mass murder and destruction of lives and laws. That is what we need to fight against. And some of them are the people we need to help.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 6:19 pm

I'd love to think that India will become a gun haven. That'd be another country of just under a billion to the misery of those who want to regulate gun ownership out of existence globally.

JeremyNJ1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2013, 6:27 pm

I actually used to debate a radio host who will remain nameless who ran a local florida based radio show that dealt with conspiracy theories. He had a very similar outlook to Alex Jones. I also studied conspiracy theories in the context of Holocaust Denial for my History degree and their is very little borderline disagreements between the " NWO-CFR-Rothchild" banking family claims and Neo-Nazi/KKK groups who talk about a " Jewish financial" conspiracy. The only difference is wording. Alex Jones is a joke...whether its his going to ground zero to promote 9/11 conspiracy theories that are already proven to be wrong or his easy non-historical explanations of complicated world affairs to appease a largely rural populist american base of support for his views. These conspiracy groups are marginalized for a reason..they are crackpots who actually disregard opposing facts thrown in their face as " NWO lies" rather than actually academically supporting their views. Their is actually a long strand in American political thought for radical conspiracy anti-government movements though, so their is a somewhat historical basis for organized political groups..whether it was William Jennings Bryans base of support in the 1890s with the " Cross of Gold" Speech, or even going back to Andrew Jackson and the war against the Bank of the United States debates. It is largely the result of our U.S historical ruvulsion to Monarchial govt, our isolationist tendencies ( being surrounded by two oceans) and made up of ethnic groups who came to America in the 1800s to escape European warfare of the aristocracy. Its a built in psyche.

Last edited by JeremyNJ1984 on 08 Jan 2013, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 6:28 pm

I watched Piers Morgan last night, and I gotta say it: while Alex Jones looks like a total lunatic to those of us who are actually sane, I think he was playing up to his listeners, who eat up that paranoid rant of his.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

iBlockhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2013, 6:30 pm

Mikomi wrote:
I'm actually FOR the Second Amendment, but this guy is just an a**hole. I understand those who want to ban guns. It seems like a good idea, especially after a horrific incident like those precious children being murdered. It just doesn't work. Suicide bombers kill that many children easily. Idiots would just get better at using other means of mass destruction. Sick people exist in this world, people bent on mass murder and destruction of lives and laws. That is what we need to fight against. And some of them are the people we need to help.

I think people will be OK with guns if there was a good way to keep guns out of the hands of the bad people. The first thing to do would be to enforce federal gun laws more; numerous people are walking the streets that shouldn't because of dropped gun charges, which should be a 5-year federal sentence. There was a vicious cop killing months ago by someone who shouldn't have been out of prison, I mean he seriously got caught violating his parole or something before the murder.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

08 Jan 2013, 6:56 pm

Alex Jones is a showman, first and foremost. People need to know that. Glenn Beck basically is a poor imitation of him. He has some far out theories but the scary thing is he is closer to the truth on some things than a lot of people would want to admit.

But yea, Piers Morgan had him on to look crazy and Alex Jones went on to get for the exposure. Did anybody actually expect either of these guys to have reasonable well thought out debate?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 7:27 pm

Mikomi wrote:

A gun ban only seems like a good idea to the irrational or un-knowledgeable and you'r right, it doesn't work.
If someone wanted to do a massacre he wouldn't need a bomb when there will be millions of black market "assault weapons" around and all the magazines one can carry for the right price. Look at the war on drugs and how pathetically ineffective it's been. I can go out now and find all the meth for sale I want if I wanted any.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 7:47 pm

It's nonetheless playing with fire. North of the Mason-Dixon line, the gun serves two traditional purposes: to defend against burglars/theives/rapists/attackers and to hunt for cheap food (control deer population).

May I say that I like venison? It's a lean meat, not too much fat on it, and I'm the one usually pulling fat off of meat..