Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

WFurman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2013, 6:14 pm

I have been attending ballroom dance parties at a studio that is within my geographic area. Although I believe that my skills are good that I have potential dance wise, I, unfortunately have been thinking of giving up ballroom dancing due to social (difficulty in starting and/or maintain a conversation), weight-related (ironic, but related as I like to eat), and financial (I do not have the budget to purchase lessons despite attending parties). This isn't the first time I have thought of surrendering ballroom dancing under consideration, but might well be my last.

What you would do if you were in my situation? Any advice would be appreciated.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 11:25 pm

I have many of the similar problems figure skating. I'm a dude, weigh 195lbs (17% bodyfat not really "fat" it's still not skinny like a Johnny Wier or something) and it's expensive for lessons, and I fit terribly into the social crowd there. Many times I've felt like quitting, but, in the end I keep at it, as nothing brings me more enjoyment or is more therapeutic to me than skating is.

I'd say keep at it. You might get good, but either way, it's more fun than staying home.