Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Dreycrux
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 12:56 am

Yeah I felt no sympathy towards any of the actors, the acting put me off. But I am sure that is normal.

Last edited by Dreycrux on 11 Jan 2013, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 12:56 am

Verdandi wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
Verdandi wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
Verdandi wrote:
I don't really know.

Can you try to describe what you think Alice, the woman at the end who says the prayer, is feeling during the encounter?

Sympathy for the "adoptive mother" most likely.

You didn't feel sympathy toward her?

Toward the adoptive mother? No, she was an actress playing a role.

Last question. At 7:30 the producer has already come out but you can see the actress crying uncontrollably in the sequence from 7:30-7:35. What do you think the actress was feeling?

Dreycrux
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 12:57 am

Rascal77s wrote:
Verdandi wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
Verdandi wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
Verdandi wrote:
I don't really know.

Can you try to describe what you think Alice, the woman at the end who says the prayer, is feeling during the encounter?

Sympathy for the "adoptive mother" most likely.

You didn't feel sympathy toward her?

Toward the adoptive mother? No, she was an actress playing a role.

Last question. At 7:30 the producer has already come out but you can see the actress crying uncontrollably in the sequence from 7:30-7:35. What do you think the actress was feeling?

I didn't realize that she was for real crying until they explained it. But I assume she was feeling like there was hope for humanity if this kind of thing is possible...that is what I would be feeling.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

11 Jan 2013, 1:03 am

Rascal77s wrote:

I don't know. I guess she might be feeling something, but what it is or why I couldn't say. Maybe sadness?

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 10:30 am

Feeling bad for the innocent people involved who did not know it was rigged.

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 10:35 am

Anomiel wrote:

Exactly! This is way I hate this show.

Si_82
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 11:17 am

Felt nothing/bored for most of it.

As for what I thought people were feeling, I am guessing the 2 who were being sympathetic felt sympathetic and the actress who cried at the end felt overwhelmed but cant really be more specific.

Alexithymia: 137

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 12:50 pm

These ones are great as they show complete strangers who have good hearts that step up and stand up for the mothers and help comfort them. That makes me happy there is some humanity left.

They are in Westchester; White Plains. Westchester has a lot of really wealthy people in most of the county. I went to Purchase college there a few months so i've seen this. Some the houses look like castles.
I feel nothing for some pair of wealthy adoptive parents. Obviously the parents wanting to adopt if they truly loved all children, CPS has a ton of children that are FREE for adoption by the state. Likely the adoptive parents are upset and want everything to go their way so they can get a white newborn.

It's a horrible system, there are a ton of children stuck in foster care and the system waiting for permanent homes and people don't want them since some have problems or they might be "too old" or they aren't white.

If i were rich i would get a huge house and adopt and save the kids out of the system.

The ladies that stood up for the pregnant girl and consoled her were awesome

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 12:52 pm

I'm not sure what I felt.
I often think that such fake-situations are a waste of time and energy for people in the direct environment of the scene and that such a situation can possibly down their mood and/or ruin their day. How are they supposed to know after all? I think it's just impolite.
I also dislike the aftereffects in the video.
So overall, I think the video was a bit tiring but the reactions of the two women in the end seemed nice.

Sorry if I cannot answer this from a feeling perspective, maybe I was a bit upset because of the things mentioned above, I don't know. Knowing this is all a set-up scene made it unable for me to feel something specific I think, even if the people trying to comfort the actress were not actors and even if the actress was crying for real in the end (I didn't realize that either to be honest and thought she was still acting).

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 1:31 pm

Anomiel wrote:

This. As soon as I heard the words hidden camera and actors, my prevalent emotions were anger and disgust.

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 1:36 pm

Ah, thanks!
Disgust was what I was searching for.
I think that was the emotion that was present knowing that this is a set-up scene.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

11 Jan 2013, 1:47 pm

That makes sense. Being part of someone else's social experiment can be fairly aggravating.

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 2:02 pm

I wouldn't know where to put my sympathy. Too many factors without a tidy conclusion. I guess I have the notion that in spite of their drama, all of the people would survive. It's just feelings. They all look okay otherwise. This sort of drama, the topic of so many reality shows and what not - leaves me a little annoyed. If I am not directly related - why am I watching? It feels wrong to me. If I could do something - write a cheque for flood relief - that is different. I can help and it is cut and dried. Other stuff is the messy business of human relationships and it is too bad - but human relationships are messy. I saw "wants and emotions" with no clear cut line of right and wrong. Otherwise, I feel that I am eavesdropping and meddling - and I have enough of my own messy stuff to get through.

I have experienced the sort of kindness as we saw at the end. For me it comes with anxiety about my ambivalent feeling towards religion and all of a sudden I have another problem - I need to get away from whoever is touching me. I know this is "not nice", but it is what it is. I do admire the lady who said the prayer for her hands-on humanitarian work. I do appreciate that she made a kind gesture. I will hand someone a kleenex box if they are crying - there are protocols. I don't think it is that I don't feel anything when people cry, though if it is something I perceive as minor - I probably don't. It's just that I have to go away and figure it out. "Whoa - don't know what to do with this."

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 2:03 pm

Felt nothing.

Magnanimous
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2013, 5:01 pm

Not a great deal.
I was irritated at how utterly contrived it was and how insufferably dramatic they were all being. Also irritated at the subject matter, as the last thing the world needs is more humans.
The whole thing was just a big, unnecessary disruption.

Then at about 7 minutes it went from minor irritation to outright disgust. At the point that hag started praying, my lips peeled back and I was growling at the screen.
Unleashing religion at a stranger is absolutely unacceptable and intolerable.

I'm not too confrontational in person, so I probably would have just left with some hushed quip about escaping the insane asylum at that point... but still... that was disgusting.

mercifullyfree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2013, 5:09 pm

Felt bored and impatient.