Page 11 of 12 [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 3:19 pm

New Coke was a conspiracy to promote Coke. It was never expected to take off.

One of the reasons the Cokacola brand is the powerhouse it is today is because they used to put cocaine in it.

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 01 Mar 2015, 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 3:33 pm

Nebogipfel wrote:

One of the reasons the Cokacola brand is the powerhouse it is today is because they used to put cocaine in it.

Yes, but back when Coke had coke in it, it was being sold as a medicine.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 3:41 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Nebogipfel wrote:

That makes more sense.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 4:06 pm

Nebogipfel wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Nebogipfel wrote:

That makes more sense.

Wonder if Pepto bismol aimed to go that route and just never got around to removing the stomach remedy. Tastes like candy.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 6:55 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Nebogipfel wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Nebogipfel wrote:

That makes more sense.

Wonder if Pepto bismol aimed to go that route and just never got around to removing the stomach remedy. Tastes like candy.

Yeah, but it still actually works, without the addictive quality of old Coke. :lol:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 7:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Yeah, but it still actually works, without the addictive quality of old Coke. :lol:

There's an energy drink called NOS here in the states - I used to drink energy drinks like Redbull and Rockstar constantly but that stuff was just too much, it was almost as if the ingredients would have read corn syrup, carbonated water, bathtub crank, artificial flavoring. It was like orange crush with a crack rock in the bottom. 8O

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 7:13 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

There's an energy drink called NOS here in the states - I used to drink energy drinks like Redbull and Rockstar constantly but that stuff was just too much, it was almost as if the ingredients would have read corn syrup, carbonated water, bathtub crank, artificial flavoring. It was like orange crush with a crack rock in the bottom. 8O

I've seen it around, but never have bought it.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2015, 7:35 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The GRANDDADDY of conspiracy theories, the Kennedy Assassination. While there is a whole lot of muddying of the water with many of the more outlandish claims by liars, cranks, and nutcases, the fact is, there is probably more chance of there being a degree of truth with this conspiracy theory than with most others.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Well the FBI refuse to release its files on the investigation to the public. I daresay that if it is the case that Lee Harvey Oswald was acting on behalf of someone or something besides himself, the most likely culprit is Fidel Castro who had PUH-LEN-TY or reasons to want Kennedy dead. That is, it was an act of retribution against Kennedy for orchestrating attempts on Castro's life as well as the attempt to overthrow Castro via the Bay of Pigs invasion. And we all know Castro is the kind of man who will never admit to it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 8:02 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The GRANDDADDY of conspiracy theories, the Kennedy Assassination. While there is a whole lot of muddying of the water with many of the more outlandish claims by liars, cranks, and nutcases, the fact is, there is probably more chance of there being a degree of truth with this conspiracy theory than with most others.

Well the FBI refuse to release its files on the investigation to the public. I daresay that if it is the case that Lee Harvey Oswald was acting on behalf of someone or something besides himself, the most likely culprit is Fidel Castro who had PUH-LEN-TY or reasons to want Kennedy dead. That is, it was an act of retribution against Kennedy for orchestrating attempts on Castro's life as well as the attempt to overthrow Castro via the Bay of Pigs invasion. And we all know Castro is the kind of man who will never admit to it.

I am more inclined to look at the paramilitary Anti-Castro underground which Oswald had had a relationship with in New Orleans and Dallas. These were fanatical Cuban exiles and Americans who tended to be on the far right, many of whom had had close associations with both the CIA (as contract agents and contacts) and/or organized crime (better known as the CIA-Mafia plots). And they pretty much hated Kennedy about as much as they hated Castro for what they saw as his betrayal at the Bay of Pigs, and plans to cut their extreme types loose in favor of more moderate exile groups. In fact, the Warren Commission had investigated alleged connections between Oswald and Cuba, which proved to be false, but seemingly showed no interest in who had laid these false leads, or why. I think the whole point of the assassination had been to blame Castro in order to facilitate an American military invasion of Cuba.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 12:02 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Fidel has been asked that a few times. He denied it of course. Personally, I believe him. As he said, if his regime had done something like that it would have been the end of them. They had every reason to believe it would have nothing but negative outcomes for them for a variety of reasons.

I heard it might have been some mafia blowback from Joe's bootlegging days. This story makes me think of Jay Gatsby.

A couple of years ago someone claimed that one of Kennedy's security had tripped and accidentally shot him.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 1:18 am

Nebogipfel wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Fidel has been asked that a few times. He denied it of course. Personally, I believe him. As he said, if his regime had done something like that it would have been the end of them. They had every reason to believe it would have nothing but negative outcomes for them for a variety of reasons.

I heard it might have been some mafia blowback from Joe's bootlegging days. This story makes me think of Jay Gatsby.

A couple of years ago someone claimed that one of Kennedy's security had tripped and accidentally shot him.

I concur about Castro. But I still think that had there been a conspiracy, it had most likely involved the right wing fanatics carrying out the CIA's and Mafia's dirty work on the ground level against communist Cuba. We even know some names of possible suspects: David Ferrie, Guy Bannister, Eladio Del Valle, Clay Bertrand (who may have been Clay Shaw), Angel and Leopoldo, among others.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 7:04 am

The most sinister conspiracy of all...

So diabolical that the grownups of America were all oblivious too it, but the gradeschoolers of the nation were all on to it!

This was the rumor that the Bazooka company was putting "spider eggs" into their bubble gum!

I remember the CEO of the company having to go on TV to plead with the tots of the nation to believe him that "we dont put spider eggs in our product".

But he WOULD deny it.

Theyre out to arachnify America I say!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 10:33 am

naturalplastic wrote:
The most sinister conspiracy of all...

So diabolical that the grownups of America were all oblivious too it, but the gradeschoolers of the nation were all on to it!

This was the rumor that the Bazooka company was putting "spider eggs" into their bubble gum!

I remember the CEO of the company having to go on TV to plead with the tots of the nation to believe him that "we dont put spider eggs in our product".

But he WOULD deny it.

Theyre out to arachnify America I say!

I hadn't heard that. :lol: