Upcoming video game to allow users to play as Adam Lanza?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Venerab1e1
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jan 2013, 3:19 am

http://www.policymic.com/articles/23480 ... ary-school

I actually agree with what the guy says about the media, but that doesn’t mean that what he is doing is ethical. Freedom of speech is one thing, but to be offensive just for the sake of being offensive is another thing.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 6:27 am

If a future active shooter (you don't think the laws will work, do you?) is ever found to have found to have played this game, his legal bills will never end! US obscenity laws have an extremely high threshold for something to get banned, and this might make the cut!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 10:13 am

If it's an accurate simulation of that recent elementary school massacre it would be the easiest FPS-game ever made since nobody would shoot back unlike almost every other game in that genre. I guess it's supposed to be a parody of how some people say that "violent video games" are one of the reasons these things happen in the first place. I know they were made out to be a major influence in that 1999 Columbine high school shooting.

On an unrelated note, I think it's really cool how the last level in the recent "Medal of Honor:Warfighter" game is based on the U.S. special-forces mission to kill terrorist leader Osama Bin Laden at his compound in Pakistan.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jan 2013, 11:00 am

It's all media driven hype. How many people would want to play a video game when you murder innocent children? Who would even notice some random amateur created game by an anonymous author? Very few if any.

Say it's representative of the denigration of our society and that it should be banned, all the sudden you got people interested. It's the media, it's all the media.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 1:19 pm

http://www.columbinegame.com/

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 1:36 pm

Vigilans wrote:

lol, That's just an RPG, so it won't make anybody go into psycho-killer mode. By the way, I thought it was funny how the media kept talking about how those two guys would always play that sh***y looking "Doom" fps-game for PC. There were way better looking fps games around that time like "Goldeneye 007" on the N64 which would stand a better chance of influencing somebody.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 2:19 pm

Venger wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

lol, That's just an RPG, so it won't make anybody go into psycho-killer mode. By the way, I thought it was funny how the media kept talking about how those two guys would always play that sh***y looking "Doom" fps-game for PC. There were way better looking fps games around that time like "Goldeneye 007" on the N64 which would stand a better chance of influencing somebody.

A few years ago there was a shooting at a college in my city (Montreal) and tons of people in the media went off on tirades against this game because the shooter supposedly played it at some point or another. Everyone is always quick to try and find a simple answer

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 4:17 pm

The Columbine game was intended to be satirical and poignant displaying many of the cliches that became associated with that shooting. There was a thought-provoking point behind that game.

I don't see people responding to this Sandy Hook game in the same matter. This sounds like someone whose really p.o.'d about the whole gun legislating and is trying to get a rise out of people for the sake of spite. He thinks we'll be entertained for the sake of the violent content and this only show why it's moronic for people like him to say that it's the media's fault for glorifying violence. Will the bs ever end with these people?