I can read facial expressions, im not an aspie?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 2:22 pm

Morgana wrote:
FishStickNick wrote:

Here's another test--unlike the Mind in the Eyes test, the multiple choices you have to pick from don't change throughout the test:

http://www.neurodiversity.com/nvc/index.html

Oh, this test was really hard for me. Except for a few obvious ones like "happy" and "sad", I find myself looking at the faces, thinking "no clue", then I look at the possibilities for answers and make a logical guess. It seems I have a problem reading reading different forms of anger; and what's the difference between "contempt" and "disgust" anyway- aren't they basically the same thing?

I scored around 70% the last time I took this. I found I got confused with distinguishing anger from fear, fear from surprise, and anger from disgust. In at least one instance, I mistook a subtle smile as a neutral expression.

Personally, I'd like to see a facial expressions test that is timed (to better mimic real-life social scenarios) and requires you to type in your response instead of offering multiple choices (say, you type in your response, the quiz gives you the correct answer, then you click a button that tells the system whether you were right or wrong so it can track your score for you).

dobrolvr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jan 2013, 8:03 pm

ANicL wrote:
I took the mind's eye test and scored a 31 that is an above average score, so does this mean i dont have aspergers?

I've been diagnosed, and I can read facial expressions quite well. It just depends on the person.

ANicL
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jan 2013, 8:25 pm

Vectorspace wrote:
Have you tried some other related tests?
If you're 30 years old, it's quite likely that you have learned many facial expressions already.

I think many researchers still haven't realized that autism (of any kind) doesn't just disappear after childhood, though the original symptoms may become less obvious.

I scored 20 out of 27 for the (HSP) test, although i could have easily scored higher of some of them where not undecided.

ANicL

25 Jan 2013, 8:30 pm

dobrolvr wrote:
ANicL wrote:
I took the mind's eye test and scored a 31 that is an above average score, so does this mean i dont have aspergers?

I've been diagnosed, and I can read facial expressions quite well. It just depends on the person.

It seems that i can read eye facial expressions well too. However, ive been told on several occasions that i am easy too fool, meaning i tend to take things literally, ironic jokes also tend to go over my head.