Do you find it harder to keep friends as you get older

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 7:06 pm

Yes, well said about being tired of giving people validation and making them feel good about themselves. I'm also tired of being a good listener and trying to add value to a person's life. All I get in return is spoiled brats demanding more and more and not behaving as friends at all.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 1:07 am

Moondust wrote:
Yes, well said about being tired of giving people validation and making them feel good about themselves. I'm also tired of being a good listener and trying to add value to a person's life. All I get in return is spoiled brats demanding more and more and not behaving as friends at all.

I hear you. I think we all get our share of those.

AlienWish
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Feb 2013, 7:37 pm

To answer the original question: "Anyone here find yourself becoming more alienated from friends and family as time goes on, like into middle age? This is problematic because at the same time, it is more difficult to make new friends as you age. Does anyone else deal with this predicament? How have you managed it?"

Yes. I have no friends. Nothing to manage. LOL

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 4:54 am

I couldn't really "keep" friends when I was younger. Of all the people I was friends with, most of them were transient in a sense. Only one friend from school do I see on even a remotely regular basis, and I think she may be a bit aspie. Which is a good thing because we always seemed to be on the same page.