Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 12:28 pm

I'm having ADD like symptoms BUT I didn't have them as a child!
So my question is: is it because of stress or because of Bipolar? :?

It can even get really extreme sometimes. 8O

And also:
what do I do against it? :?

I try to calm down and everything, but I still have huge trouble concentrating, especcially when I have to read highly complex sentences. :oops:

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 3:51 pm

I can't tell you that, but I can say that when my stress levels get high my concentration goes completely out the window. If it's been for an extended period, sometimes I feel lucky to remember my own name much less follow a train of thought to completion.

Nittrus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Feb 2013, 9:07 pm

Stress and more so anxiety can cause loss of concentration as well as depression.
For me though it can be any of those as well as not having a mostly quite environment.

Basically I can't do 90% of the possible jobs I have the remote possibility of doing without a diploma or the like due to the noise is to much where I can not concentrate. Then you have me being embarrassed if I wear bulky eye muffs and most places like retail refuse to allow one to wear ear plugs for some reason. >.>

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 9:27 pm

I've been having serious concentration problems myself lately. In my case I think it's because I'm in a constant slight overload right now due to a louder living situation and going to university. I'm almost always tense and on the edge and my thoughts are all over the place.

Nibs91
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Feb 2013, 9:46 pm

Stress or no stress, anxiety or no anxiety I have issues concentrating and focusing on anything and everything. My memory is pretty much non-existent also.

These issues never showed up in my childhood.

Nittrus

05 Feb 2013, 10:15 pm

Nibs91 wrote:
Stress or no stress, anxiety or no anxiety I have issues concentrating and focusing on anything and everything. My memory is pretty much non-existent also.

These issues never showed up in my childhood.

I also have bad memory issues which I have found to be common for people with ASD as well.