MXH
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 12:42 pm

Kurgan wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
Shau wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
I disagree totally that body-builder/gym types are intelligent. They are brawn over brain.

Negative. The most successful bodybuilders are the ones smart enough to understand nutrition, sleep, and the assorted technical aspects of weights, of which there are many. There are many ways to apply intelligence to bodybuilding as a whole.
to be honest the best bodybuilders have the best genetics and steroids...diet and hard work are secondary to those things.

Unless "the best" bodybuilders are Zyzz and Chestbrah, then this is false information. Take a look at Steve Reeves or Reg Park prior to steroids (both started taking them in 1958). They had slightly higher boy fat percentages than moderns builders, but the latter could bench press 500 lbs before he started juicing.

Another good example is Georg Hackenscmidt. This picture is from the early 1900's, roughly 50 years before the Russian powerlifters started juicing.

Genetics may help you, but take a look at some of the newbies you see every january at your gym. None of them are naturally big and shredded. Take a look at Dorian Yates or Markus Rühl before they started working out.

I doubt zyzz is much good anymore. You know after he died of heart issues due to excessive roux usage

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 12:44 pm

I am going to the gym for about a year, I didn't take a single supplement, let alone steroids.

Yet I got a fairly good shape.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 12:47 pm

and how, there's a huge difference between becoming in good shape (well in enough to make the opposite sex's heads turn) and becoming a fitness champ, my aim was never the latter.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 12:48 pm

MXH wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
Shau wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
I disagree totally that body-builder/gym types are intelligent. They are brawn over brain.

Negative. The most successful bodybuilders are the ones smart enough to understand nutrition, sleep, and the assorted technical aspects of weights, of which there are many. There are many ways to apply intelligence to bodybuilding as a whole.
to be honest the best bodybuilders have the best genetics and steroids...diet and hard work are secondary to those things.

Unless "the best" bodybuilders are Zyzz and Chestbrah, then this is false information. Take a look at Steve Reeves or Reg Park prior to steroids (both started taking them in 1958). They had slightly higher boy fat percentages than moderns builders, but the latter could bench press 500 lbs before he started juicing.

Another good example is Georg Hackenscmidt. This picture is from the early 1900's, roughly 50 years before the Russian powerlifters started juicing.

Genetics may help you, but take a look at some of the newbies you see every january at your gym. None of them are naturally big and shredded. Take a look at Dorian Yates or Markus Rühl before they started working out.

I doubt zyzz is much good anymore. You know after he died of heart issues due to excessive roux usage

I'm well aware of that. Take a look at his legs (or how he deadlifted: with a rounded lower-back and a big bounce) and you'll see that steroids alone won't make you a beefcake, though.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 1:07 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
and how, there's a huge difference between becoming in good shape (well in enough to make the opposite sex's heads turn) and becoming a fitness champ, my aim was never the latter.

And this is what separates fitness for me, its between the ones who do it to stay fit and healthy, and then the ones that do it for the sake of being larger than the rest. I see it the same as buying a hummer truck or something else like that.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 1:11 pm

MXH wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

And this is what separates fitness for me, its between the ones who do it to stay fit and healthy, and then the ones that do it for the sake of being larger than the rest. I see it the same as buying a hummer truck or something else like that.

;)

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 1:55 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I am going to the gym for about a year, I didn't take a single supplement, let alone steroids.

it's a lot easier at 5'3.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 2:15 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
MR20 wrote:
aspiemike wrote:
MR20 wrote:
I just hate this so much. I can't relate to anything you said. The "socially desperate" thing really gets to me. I'm 27 and I've never any friends or girl/women ever interested in me.

All I want is for people to like, respect, and treat me normal. How I am supposed to not appear "socially desperate"?

Help yourself first and you will get help from others.
To quote the book, How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie: "you can make friends easier in two months by being genuinely interested in them than in two years by convincing people to be interested in you." That is all the help I have to offer you at this time.

I don't need any help.

What I need are friends that respect me and treat me as normal as long I'm being nice to them. People who actually want to go places and have no problem being seen with me in public. I'm tired of being lonely and spending nearly everyday for the past 7 years locked up in my house

That's the trouble here, you don't want any help and you are being resilient towards those who try to help you or offer you advice. If you're not going to listen, you're not going to find help. As I said, I have created threads in the past about presentation, grooming, body language and image in the past. You have good genetics for physical work and weightlifting, I made friends through training and sports and being more active definitely gave me confidence.

I think what MR20 is saying is that it isn't a level playing field ie you have more advantages so it's all a lot easier for you in the first place.

If you were MR20 you would probably feel the same way as he does.

Not necessarily because I have made great efforts to achieve what I did. For instance, I went to college and although at first I had trouble making friends, got into fights and whatnot, I persevered and made several friends. I can drive, it took me several attempts to pass my test but I can drive, I didn't just let the first obstacle get to me. I started out with no friends and an outcast.

Me as a 130lb awkward, shy and skinny teenage boy.

I'm almost a hundred pounds heavier now and I feel like I have achieved a lot just through willpower and determination. So yes, you can improve yourself and set your mind on goals over time.

1st off that's a pic of Jake from two and a half men. :lol:

2nd, I could never in my wildest dreams could I ever get in college. I left school after failing the 9th grade twice, while spending all of my school years up to that point in special ed. They never taught you anything really, let alone getting you ready for college.

I'm too slow and stupid, I have nothing more than a 5th grade education. I can barely do simple time-tables and fractions.

3rd, I'll never be able to drive since I'm not capable and I lack the concentration. You'll likely hurt yourself or someone else if you're not paying attention.

4th, I'll never have any real friends because people will never respect a person like me. I'm ugly and retarded-looking. I'm poor, developmental delayed, emotionally disturbed, and slow. No amount of hard work is going to change that.

I smell horrible even after taking showers. I'm annoying to be around and I'm uninteresting. I'm emotionally and socially ret*d.

I also have a speech impediment.

I'm a 27 year old friendless, dateless loser that was born to failure and inferiority. I lack basic life skills like showering properly, changing clothes regularly, etc.

No one would ever want to go out in public with someone like me. I am beyond hope.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 2:25 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yeah right, because women in general love shortness in men /sarcasm.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 2:27 pm

MR20: What precisely have you done to improve your situation? (Just signing up for a dating site or posting rant threads on WP doesn´t count.)

While Wolfie can be a littlle full of himself, many of his tips are good,

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 2:30 pm

MXH wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

What´s fit and healthy is a matter of definition. I do not train to become mr. Olympia, but if the guy in the mirror looks no more hefty than everyone else, working out would just be a waste of time.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 2:38 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yeah right, because women in general love shortness in men /sarcasm.

I think he meant how lifting weights is generally easier for people with short arms/legs.

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 2:38 pm

Kurgan wrote:
MR20: What precisely have you done to improve your situation? (Just signing up for a dating site or posting rant threads on WP doesn´t count.)

While Wolfie can be a littlle full of himself, many of his tips are good,

Why do people keep asking this. It's like you're ignoring the problems I have. It's infuriating.

Did you even read my last post?

Quote:
I'm ugly and retarded-looking. I'm poor, developmental delayed, emotionally disturbed, and slow.

Quote:
I smell horrible even after taking showers

Quote:
I'm emotionally and socially ret*d.

I just can't get over this stuff. no matter how hard I tried. I'm getting sick of people diminishing these problems as if it's my own fault. Like I'm responsible.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 2:43 pm

Heres a tip, date amongst your own.
You need to find a bad smelling ugly and ret*d woman
then you will find happiness

That will be $39 thanks

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 2:53 pm

Surfman wrote:

That will be $39 thanks

One of them needs to be able to drive though. I suppose the woman still could since it's super-easy.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 2:55 pm

Venger wrote:
Surfman wrote:

That will be $39 thanks

One of them needs to be able to drive though. I suppose the woman still could since it's super-easy.

If one of them knows how to use a tricycle and has a few hours to burn in travelling time, that might be ok.
Also, that pic of WolfCub does look like Jake from 2 1/2 men..