Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which Hogwarts house would you be sorted into?
Gryffindor 11%  11%  [ 16 ]
Slytherin 16%  16%  [ 23 ]
Ravenclaw 55%  55%  [ 80 ]
Hufflepuff 18%  18%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 146

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 1:07 am

Well, it's the same in the books too. Most characters have strong traits that could put them in another House--come on, can't you just see Hermione as a Ravenclaw, or Ron in Hufflepuff? I sure can. They're complex characters, not cardboard stereotypes; if they were, I wouldn't like the books so much. It's more a matter of which traits are more central to who they are and what's more important to them. It's not just your basic personality, but the decisions you make and what you believe in.

I always thought Slytherin was a bit too one-dimensional, though. There are many possibilities there--sure, it's got its dark side, but ambition isn't intrinsically bad and I seriously doubt that sociopathic students made up the majority of that group. I bet some of the most badass Aurors came out of Slytherin--people who took a dangerous job because they wanted to prove just how good they were at it, for the challenge and the glory. Gryffindors, sure, but they're more protective than proactive. The world takes all types.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 2:11 am

Ravenclaw, but I want to be in Slytherin.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 3:37 am

According to the characteristics I just read from my google search, I would be best in Ravenclaw.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 10:25 am

I always score either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. Usually ravenclaw.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

10 Feb 2013, 4:54 pm

Callista wrote:
Well, it's the same in the books too. Most characters have strong traits that could put them in another House--come on, can't you just see Hermione as a Ravenclaw, or Ron in Hufflepuff? I sure can. They're complex characters, not cardboard stereotypes; if they were, I wouldn't like the books so much. It's more a matter of which traits are more central to who they are and what's more important to them. It's not just your basic personality, but the decisions you make and what you believe in.

And Harry could have just as easily ended up in Slytherin, and went to Gryffindor because of his refusal.

Quote:
I always thought Slytherin was a bit too one-dimensional, though. There are many possibilities there--sure, it's got its dark side, but ambition isn't intrinsically bad and I seriously doubt that sociopathic students made up the majority of that group. I bet some of the most badass Aurors came out of Slytherin--people who took a dangerous job because they wanted to prove just how good they were at it, for the challenge and the glory. Gryffindors, sure, but they're more protective than proactive. The world takes all types.

I think Rowling even tried to show this with Horace Slughorn who is ambitious but not evil, but he wasn't really a great example.

I don't think Slytherin as a house could survive if it was nothing more than the dumping ground for sociopathic students. There wouldn't be enough of them to fill a house, and such a bias would be damaging to the school.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 10:49 pm

Verdandi wrote:
I think Rowling even tried to show this with Horace Slughorn who is ambitious but not evil, but he wasn't really a great example.

Yes, I was thinking of Slughorn myself. And Snape and Phineas Black were both Headmaster at one point, and they both were from Slytherin.

I wish the Wizarding World of Harry Potter had an "official" Sorting Hat quiz/activity. I visited there in 2010, and the lack of a Sorting Hat quiz was the only downside. Maybe they've since added this feature? I don't know. But I think it would be a pretty awesome feature. I also wish they sold "textbooks" for some of the subjects taught at Hogwarts. I'd love to get an Arithmancy book and a Potions book. Or take a fake OWL exam. :lol:

Nash: Is there a difference?

ADoyle90815
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2013, 11:38 pm

Every quiz has sorted me into Gryffindor, and when I went to a Hogwarts party a couple of years ago or so, I was part of Gryffindor.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2013, 12:32 am

Ganondox wrote:
Ravenclaw, but I want to be in Slytherin.

Just ask the sorting hat to change you :wink:

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 1:12 pm

Ravenclaw, like most aspies (according to this poll). I took a quiz that said so, but I was already thinking that before the quiz.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 1:14 pm

bump =)

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 1:42 pm

i picked raventhingy i voted random and i guess 38 others picked as well =) must be a good house how many winged it voting? i don't know anything about potter

SkyHeart
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2013, 5:33 pm

the best sorting hat quiz is on pottermore. J K Rowilign helped to make it.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 6:15 pm

^

I play Pottermore from time to time, whenever extra content is added, and there was a pretty good test there. I was a Ravenclaw, and I like it that way :lol:. Years ago if somebody had asked me I'd have said "Griffindor, like Harry and friends!" but... yeah, Ravenclaw is a better fit :lol:. They have Luna too :P

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 6:50 pm

I'm Ravenclaw in all the tests and what I'd put myself in anyway.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 11:09 pm

I've taken a couple of these types of tests before and was sorted into Ravenclaw (seems to make sense).

Just took another one now (http://www.personalitylab.org/tests/ccq_hogwarts.htm) and got Hufflepuff, but some scores were very close together:

Hufflepuff: 72
Gryffindor: 68
Ravenclaw: 66
Slytherin: 48

Kind of surprised I got Gryffindor as number 2. Maybe I'm learning, as Hermione said, that there's more to life than just "books and cleverness." :)

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 1:40 pm

I've taken a few house quizes, I tend to end up in Gryffindor (don't think I spelled that correctly, oh well).