Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which Hogwarts house would you be sorted into?
Gryffindor 11%  11%  [ 16 ]
Slytherin 16%  16%  [ 23 ]
Ravenclaw 55%  55%  [ 80 ]
Hufflepuff 18%  18%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 146

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 8:13 am

I'm curious what Hogwarts house the Aspies on here feel they belong in. Each house has qualities that define its members that are often Aspie qualities. I thought it would be fun to see if there is a majority, like in the Myers-Briggs personality poll. If you've ever taken an "official" Sorting Hat quiz online that influenced your choice, please say so. Also, please state which personality traits you have strongest that make you likely to belong to one particular house.

I've taken several Sorting Hat quizzes, and I usually end up in Hufflepuff. While most people, at first glance, think I am a stereotypical Ravenclaw, I agree that I am more suited for Hufflepuff. My honesty and loyalty to my beliefs are two of the things I value the most in life, even above intellectual pursuits. Plus, I like how Hufflepuff is a house welcoming to anyone, even to those who don't seem to "fit."

Nash: Is there a difference?

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 8:53 am

I never was sure what Ravenclaw was supposed to be, so I didn't vote. But probably Hufflepuff.

Now that I've read some responses that said what Ravenclaw was, it's definitely Ravenclaw.

Last edited by Mindsigh on 08 Feb 2013, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bicentennialman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Feb 2013, 9:50 am

I took one of those "which house would you be" quizzes once, and it put me in Hufflepuff. I don't really know what that means, since I've only seen the movies, not read the books, and there aren't any major characters in Hufflepuff that I know of.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 10:07 am

bicentennialman wrote:
there aren't any major characters in Hufflepuff that I know of.

Yeah, unfortunately, Hufflepuff doesn't get much recognition. But Cedric Diggory was a Hufflepuff, so there's that. :lol:

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 11:10 am

I really like this thread/poll. Thanks! :D

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 11:53 am

Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, I guess.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 1:19 pm

Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw....I still can't decide. I value honestly and loyalty but I also value intelligence quite a bit and spend most of my time reading. Also Ravenclawers are supposed to be introverted and that I am. I did take online quizzes which somewhat influenced my thoughts on this....I was going to say my choice but I'm too indecisive to make a choice.

Awesome topic!!

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 1:23 pm

Okay, when I imagine myself as a character in the HP world I put myself in Ravenclaw, I like the idea of being in that house, but the real me would most likely be sorted into Hufflepuff for the reasons the OP gave: I value loyalty and honesty more than intelligence, and belong in the house of misfits. :)

dunya
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2013, 1:29 pm

I took two tests to see which should be my House.

One put me into Ravenclaw - which suits my love of learning.
One put me into Slytherin - where my practical application of knowledge for personal gain suits.

I am willing to work for common gain, like Hufflepuff, but only when I think it's worth the time.
I am willing to stand up against the crowd like Gryffindor, but I won't be "loyal" to someone if I think they are in the wrong.

My ambition is not to be great or powerful, but to be me regardless of what others want and so I think that suits me best for Slytherin.

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2013, 1:55 pm

I just took this test, on alltests.com. And this was my result.

Quote:
Certificate: Test results
The Harry Potter Sorting Hat Quiz: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin?
For 50 % you are: You are an intelligent Ravenclaw! You like to be ahead in school and are an excellent friend and student. You are just like Luna Lovegood and Cho Chang. Congratulations.
36.7812 % of 55735 Quiz participants had this profile!

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 2:07 pm

Definitely Slytherin. Friends said so too on numerous occasions.

I always played the Gryffindor-part in Harry Potter games however because it appealed to me more.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 2:08 pm

I took a test too and apparently I'm Hufflepuff. The uncool house. Ugh.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 2:22 pm

In all the quizzes I've taken I've scored only Ravenclaw and Slytherin.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 2:31 pm

Sanctus wrote:

Hufflepuff is only "uncool" because that's how it was portrayed in the books, mostly from a lack of being mentioned. But clearly, there are lots of very intelligent people meant for Hufflepuff. Just look at this poll's stats. I don't really like how the four houses are stereotyped in the movies/books. Slytherins are shown as "bad" all of the time, Ravenclaws are seen as arrogant and pretentious, Hufflepuffs are seen as stupid and slow, and Gryffindors are seen as "the best." That's one reason I wanted to make this poll- take the books' drama away from the sorting and truly go by personality! :lol: I think it says a lot how we have only had one Gryffindor response, considering that's the "popular" and "well-known" house.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 2:32 pm

OddDuckNash99 wrote:
Sanctus wrote:

Hufflepuff is only "uncool" because that's how it was portrayed in the books, mostly from a lack of being mentioned. But clearly, there are lots of very intelligent people meant for Hufflepuff. Just look at this poll's stats. I don't really like how the four houses are stereotyped in the movies/books. Slytherins are shown as "bad" all of the time, Ravenclaws are seen as arrogant and pretentious, Hufflepuffs are seen as stupid and slow, and Gryffindors are seen as "the best." That's one reason I wanted to make this poll- take the books' drama away from the sorting and truly go by personality! :lol: I think it says a lot how we have only had one Gryffindor response, considering that's the "popular" and "well-known" house.

I know, I wasn't being serious. I tried to behave NT. :D

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 3:00 pm

Sanctus wrote:
I know, I wasn't being serious. I tried to behave NT. :D

hahaha

Good to know! :lol: